+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Son's daycare center hates me

Hi all,

I'm not sure what I am hoping to find out from posting my story on here but here it goes anyway.

Without going into too much detail about an incident at my child's daycare center, I decided to email a complaint to the childcare setting. The director did not respond to me so a few days later I resent the same email. Still nothing so I decided to contact the relevant government department that regulates daycare centers in Australia. Anyway, long story short, they contacted the daycare center and before I knew it I had a call from the Owner yelling abuse at me and telling me that I can find a new daycare center or like the setting as it is????? I couldn't believe my ears!

No attempt was made at all to address my complaint instead she is choosing to believer whatever her staff tell.... stupid or ignorant??? either way as a parent my issue doesn't matter. She also knows that she can be sarcastic and make certain statements because it is very difficult to find another center that actually has vacancies before 2013!

It is getting a ridiculous now in that I asked a question about my account and got no response at all? The bill is wrong so I paid what I thought it should be and asked them to let me know if it is correct..... still nothing!

What do you make of this? I work part time and need my job to make ends meet, I feel they are pushing my kids out because of me???? I would have never thought that I would have received such a back lashing of events for complaining? The director is never in the office and my complaint is serious that's why I emailed it!

Anyone else ever been mistreated for complaining? Did you have to quit your job because of it?

Thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a disgrace. Personally I'd be taking my child out of there. Easier said than done. Perhaps ring your local council and ask for an emergency placement in a family day care?? Sorry I'm not much help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemum For This Useful Post:

PeppermintPaddy  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is awful!
    I agree with wigglemum, call your shore/local member and talk to them.
    Would the ombudsmen be useful in this instance?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before you complained did you check your email got through? Sometimes things go to spam folders .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'd attempt to speak with the director in person, but bring a support person (& witness) with you.

In the mean time explain your situation and see if any other centres can give you emergency playing. Even if it starts a just over of the days do it's one less day at the other centre and go from there.

When I first moved ds he was doing part of his week at one centre and the rest at the other. Eventually we got all days at the good one and it v was 100% worth the effort and split week.

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Grrrr I hate centres like that! Have you thought about looking into your local family day care organization? They general haven't got months long wait lists, the people are highly trained and regulated and its a damn side cheaper too! Both my boys have been in family day care and in centers and if I had to choose I'd say the fdc was the better of the two options. But either way I'd attempt a personal meeting with the owner/ director as someone else suggested if that fails pull the plug asap. It doesn't sound like the kind of environment that's healthy for any child if their reactions etc are anything to go by!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow as an ex centre director I do not know of any manager/owner that would yell at a parent. This rings alarm bells to me and I would def be taking my child out and finding alternate arrangements. I don't think you should quit your job though. I would take someone with you and have a meeting with the director re your complaints and make sure you write down what was said in the meeting and get all parties that are present to sign that this is actually what was discussed.
    If this dies not resolve the situation then I would again go to the department and lodge another complaint. I have and would never say anything like that to a parent and most directors/owners would do there very best to resolve the issues asap. Good luck

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firsttimeparents For This Useful Post:

Izy  (27-04-2012),PeppermintPaddy  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your comments. Well the Director is partly to blame for what happened. Strange how when she sees me at school she looks the other way? I am starting to feel sick and wonder if the stress of daycare is anything to do with it! I had a look at Family Day Care last night but one setting can take one child but not the other two . Also it is in a different suburb and preschool drop off is not available! Sometimes it is really hard being a single mum and having to face issues like this alone! Apparently an inspection is going to be carried out at the center but it will not be planned! I will get feedback after that. Cheers x

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is disgraceful behaviour!

Do you know if any other parents have had problems? If so, and if they're willing, maybe you could go to the local media?