+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Braxton Hicks - How early?

I'm 27 weeks and tonight I'm having pains and tightening in my belly that I can only describe as contractions. How many weeks before Braxton Hicks contractions usually start.

I can't remember from DD's pregnancy a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I get them from 20 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They start earlier with every following pregnancy. This time I started around 20 as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm 28 weeks (I think) and started over the last week. Going through a wild bunch at the moment actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls!
    They are actually quite intense, to the point that they are taking my breath away.

How strong do these get before I should be concerned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    Going through a wild bunch at the moment actually.
    Me too. Mine have been going since 2 pm and I have had enough. I wish I would go into real labour or they would just top so I can get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    If they are taking your breath away ring your labour ward and ask to come in and get checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    11 weeks here! And mine were strong too.

If they increase progressively in.strength and frequency or you are concerned you should call your hosp to talk it over.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    30 weeks with my first, 27 weeks with my 2nd and with this 3rd pregnancy from 20 weeks. But at 20 weeks they started quite mildly and if I hadn't had them in previous pregnancies might not even really have noticed. They've gotten stronger as the weeks go by, sometimes mild, sometimes intense and more frequent on some days than others. Some days it feels they go on ALL DAY but to me they feel completely different from labour contractions so I'm not concerned.

But if tonight is the first you've felt them and they are intense, regular and not easing up I would definitely call your maternity ward to discuss it with them - they might want you to come in for monitoring to confirm they are only BH contactions and not the real thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have BH at all with DD1, & not until i was 36 weeks with DD2 but with this bub, it started at around 25 weeks & as i'm getting closer to my due date, they are getting more frequent & intense (& teasing me in the process lol)

My midwife told me BH aren't supposed to be painful but mine certainly have been ! they are also supposed to be irregular. I was told if they are painful, getting regular or if you have had more than 10 in an hour, to go to hospy to get checked out. I went into labour with DD1 at 25 weeks & thought it was my braxton hicks starting but they then became really painful & regular over the period of a few hours. Luckily, the labour was stopped & she was born at 35 weeks but you can never be too careful.