+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I supervise dd brushing in the mornings and go over it again if needed, then do it for her at bath time. She is nearly 9 and it has been a struggle. Not 4 months ago I had to hold her down twice a day. Flossing leads to being bitten. Butt sheuses children's listerine.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are ok with the teeth brushing but we do it more often than not.

DD was a difficulty but I used to persist and just sing to her while I did it. When she opened her mouth to scream I would get in there and start cleaning. Now I sing a song and she knows that once the song is finished she can have a turn at using the brush. I also give her the brush when she is in the shower to practice her brushing action.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm fussy about teeth, but we do have lapses.

Generally they all get done at least once a day. O and J do it twice.. themselves before school, and then I double check it after baths.

Oliver has had 2 fillings, Jordan, Gabriel and Julian don't have any signs of them... Ollie just has hole prone teeth, the dentist says he sees it a fair bit in twins, one gets fillings and the other has perfect teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twice a day here since she had her first baby tooth. Miss 7 is supervised everytime she brushes and I floss for her.

I think a few parents in that other thread got a bad rap for something that potentially might not have been their fault. (Not in regards to the OP but the following posts).
    My friend does not give her 7 year old sugar, ever. She only has natural sugar in fruit and the likes. She has never had a fizzy drink, or an ice lolly, or even chocolate...im not kidding...she has a very strict diet of mainly raw vegetables and fish/chicken/beef.When she comes on playdates we are not allowed to give her any sugar or anything artificial. She brushes twice a day and flosses inbetween the teeth she can (her teeth are very tightly packed together).

She has just had to have her 8th filling, most are in her baby teeth but the new fillings have been in her second teeth.

Genetics play a huge part when it comes to teeth and sometimes people just draw the short straw.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its important in our house, and part of routine but I'm human and getting DSs done gets forgotten, just in the rush of whats happening. I aim for atleast once a day, which is achievable as he either showers with me in the morning or DH baths him at night (most days both occur) so one of us tends to remember!

He loves his friggin toothbrush though, I'm constantly buying them, only to find the last one in some random toybox, wardrobe, shoe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is 2 and refuses to let us brush for him. We give him his tooth brush with an organic toddler toothpaste in fruit flavours that he loves. He chews on his brush and mimics DF and I brushing our teeth.

I aim for once a day, in the bath. If he has a shower with DF or I in the morning, he'll do it then too.

I'm comfortable with that for now. DS has been to the dentist twice and his teeth are fine. I explained our teeth cleaning to the dentist and she said it was fine for his age.