+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Aww don't worry, most of us have done something like this.
    When DD1 was a newborn i put her on a bed, just for a minute while i grabbed something, and she fell off - i cried for ages. She was fine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

ShellieBellie1983  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have done that a million times with my kids DS2 still falls outta bed regulary,he even did it twice in one night the other day

4. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

ShellieBellie1983  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

No, you're not a bad mum, I cosleep when DS just won't settle like teething. When he was 6 months one night - I swear the first night I actually was in a deep sleep and heard a thump and Ds had fallen on the floor, but I had put down a duvet and pillows for the just in case.

I picked him up checked for blood or anything broken and put him back in bed, he went to sleep but I stayed awake and kept waking him up every hour or so just to make sure he was ok.

I have never told DP. He is my harshest critic!

I have never cut DS's nails with a clipper for fear of chopping him! Sounds bad but I chew any long ones off after a bath.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bohogirls For This Useful Post:

ShellieBellie1983  (28-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try not to feel bad, we all do awful things accidentally. I reached into DS's pram when he was about 3 months old to stroke his cheek & accidentally scratched him instead. It was really quite deep for just a fingernail scratch & he screamed :-( It bed for ages & took forever to heal. Silly things happen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This doesn't make you a bad mum these things do happen, kids are pretty resilient don't beat yourself up. What makes you a good mum is that you learn from your mistakes and try to prevent them next time (even then they sometimes fall again ) try to put pillows next to your daughter so. She doesn't roll again

I always co slept with ds and once I woke up and the doona was over his head I pulled it down and was too scared to try and wake him.

He also rolled off the couch a good 3 months before he ever actually rolled.
    Last edited by daysta112; 28-04-2012 at 14:04.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we all have that feeling at some stage or other. I've had a few with dd but I remember the first time she got hurt accidentally I felt terrible for weeks. I sat on a chair with arms and was positioning myself to feed her. Her little 3 week old arm bent back in the wrong direction and she let out a scream i had never heard before! I honestly thought id
    broken it so we rushed to the dr with me in tears! She was absolutely fine!!
    If there was any remote chance that something was wrong with your little one they wouldn't have let you out of hospital! Don't be too hard on yourself

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellieBellie1983 View Post
    before I start just want to say please be kind nothing you can say will make me feel worse than I already do. I am beating myself up and I think maybe if I share it may make me feel a bit better.
    early this morning my 5 week old DD woke for a bottle so I put her in bed with me for a cuddle before her feed as it was freezing then as I went to get up I don't know what happened but next thing I knew she had fallen on the floor she screamed I screamed and flew up and picked her up. I took her to the hospital to get her checked of course and they monitored her for 6 hrs as she had a small mark on her forehead where she had landed. she seems fine but gotta go back in the morning for another check over.
    I feel like the worst mother ever and of course they give u the 3rd degree at the hospital to make sure it wasnt an intentional injury even tho I know they have to do this it is makes my guilt worse. I haven't stopped crying all day and every time someone says accidents happen I feel like I still should have been a better mother!! I a afraid to let her fall asleep incase something happens in her sleep like the injury gets worse.
    Aarrggghh I feel like sh$t quite frankly
    I can be the only mum this has happened to right??
    thanks for listening
    Please don't feel bad huni, Accidents happen with children, no matter their age. When my nephew was a tiny baby my brother was holding him and bent down to pick up the dummy off the floor, which spooked my sleeping nephew, he ended up falling to the floor, my brother tried to catch him and accidentially flipped him upside down and he cracked his skull on the floor. It was a complete accident, my mum saw it happen. My brother was shattered that he hurt his son when trying to protect him.

I've done the same thing with my DD, but she was 3, we were playing together and i went to stop her falling and she ended up headbutting the only wooden part of a couch (about 1 inch big space on the arm of the chair) and cut just above her eye requiring it to be glued back together.

Forgive yourself, there is no point punishing yourself

14. The Following User Says Thank You to c2p08 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    dont worry your not a bad mum like all the peeps say up there ^^^^
    accidents happen, i remember when DS was 1 mnth old, not even that, i dropped my mobile on his leg and he got a bruise i cried and cried an cried. he screamed a bit then got over it, i still feel guilty now, but he dosnt remember.
    you will be ok, chin up darl

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh man, the amount of times my kids have fallen off the bed when they were babies. No mum of the year awards coming this way.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha... Oh dear some of these stories bring back similar memories!! DD is now five and has survived!! Op you did the right thing taking her to hospital to be checked over, please don't worry, she will be fine! Xxx

20. The Following User Says Thank You to VintageLover For This Useful Post: