+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are NOT a bad mum!! When DD was 5 months she rolled off the bed (first proper roll ever - great timing!) while I was in the kitchen. I was a mess! It happens to all of us! <3<p>

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaxo For This Useful Post:

ShellieBellie1983  (26-04-2012)

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DS was still learning to sit, I had him on the change table, he was in the sitting position, I leaned over to put the nappy in the bin next to the change table, and within a second, he had leaned forward and fell off the change table, needless to say I wasn't quick enough to catch him.
    The poor thing landed quite hard, he cried for a moment and got over it.
    Me on the other hand, felt like s**t for days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bambino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to you, trust me you're not alone! So far I have had the following accidents with my first baby DD (5 months old):

- forgot to put sunscreen on and sat outside with her at a picnic for 5 hours on a 26 degree day, resulting in severe sunburn (blisters!!!) on her 10 week old face
    - cut the top of her thumb when trying to clip her nail
    - bumped her head (many times) whilst getting her out of the car

Not to mention, when I was pregnant I was quite accident prone, being involved in a major (write off) car accident at 7 months, and slipping over and falling heavily in a restaurant at 5 months.

A friend told me that the first baby is always considered the "test" baby and reassured me that I would make lots of mistakes and have accidents along the way, and not to be too worried as it happens to everyone. The difference is that not everyone ADMITS to it, so you feel like you're the only one!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 9week old was in the swing, on the kitchen table and the swing slipped off the table, her on the floor. ambulance and hospital but she is fine, now a very smart normal 2 yr old. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chookylaa For This Useful Post:

ShellieBellie1983  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well went back to hospital today and got the all clear as long as I monitor her. so now everytime she cries or has a little vomit after a feed or if she twitches a few times I panic even tho it is normal baby stuff even when she sleeps I think "is she lethargic" how long until I stop stressing!! I know the guilt will never go away

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does, you realise as they get older that these accidents do happen! and when they get a little bigger they become pros at doing it to themselves! (In my experience my boys are stunt masters!)

I have to admit the falling out of bed thing has happened to both my boys! Both around the time that I put them in their first bed, but I also didnt strap in my first when he was 4mo straight away in his highcrair, thinking the tray was enough for a moment, but it didnt click in properly and that was his big baby fall! So much guilt between both me and DH! And yes a hospital trip straight after to check, though he was fine..

My mum also managed the finger clip on him!

my second has found his way into the kitchen, by literally somehow breaking the kitchen gate, and getting a nice big whiff of chilli powder in his nose and eye! theyve both had quite a few fall overs running on hard floors (youll see when bub starts to walk) and all sorts of other mischiefs!

im guessing this is your first bub.. they are so fragile looking and it is scary being a mum fir the first time! that guily in the first hurdle is inntense, but remember you rushed in straight away and have done all the right things to ensure bubs safety!

youre already a great mum!

dnt beat yourself up! xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone once said to me when I was pregnant with no1. They will break you before you break them. We've all got very similar stories. Best wishes

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're not a terrible mum... and you're not the first one its happened too. DS was 3-4 months or something when he was on the bed. I went to our ensuite to get myself ready for the day, turned for what seemed like a second and i heard a 'SPAT... Whhaaaaahhhh' DS had rolled off... I burst out crying for hours afterwards!

My exDP (DSs father) actually threw this in my face when we broke up and called me a bad mother because i 'let it happen'. Where was he while it happened...? On the couch watching TV because he had no interest in his son at that time!!!! ****!

Warning - it may not be the only time it happens either!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are u a first time mum? Many people accidently drop their babies, it is quite a normal occurance As long as bubs is ok, I wouldnt worry too much

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry Crumble For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks to everyone who has replied. it has helped a little to know I'm not alone. I still feel so guilty I guess cause at 5 weeks she is so small and she has now already had her 1st fall/bang to the head and I was MENT to be protecting her. but I did the right thing by taking her to the hospital. I guess even tho that was the right thing to do it makes it worse in a way cause they have told me all the worse case scenarios with falling and hitting her head and also made me feel like the worst person for letting it happen in the first place saying things like "why was she on your bed in the first place" "why so close to the edge"
    as much as the doctors say she is ok all I can think is what if she isn't
    Last edited by ShellieBellie1983; 27-04-2012 at 14:27.