+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds like me exactly First attemp ended tearfully in a m/c and I honestly believed that I would never be blessed with a little one. When I finally fell pregnant both my DH and I decided not to tell people until we were sure, so we told parents/siblings at around 8 weeks, then everyone else at 12 weeks (well actully DH splashed it all over facebook LOL I think he was excited). Well, at 12+1 I had bright red bleeding and it scared the heck out of me. I rushed to the GP who didn't seem too concerned... and to be perfectly honest, I have spent every single day since finding out I was pregnant just holding my breath and hoping that all goes to plan.

Well I now have just over 2 weeks to go (and yes, I still worry about complications) and I totally understand where you are coming from but all I can say is take each day as it comes. I started buying baby goodies here and there after the 12 week mark, which helped it to feel more real and make it a more positive experience for me. I'm sending positive vibes your way ! Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy and a bouncing bundle of joy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jojo5 For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sending you loads of hugs, I conceived DS two weeks after my chem pregnancy, I can totally relate to you with the anxiety, I started to feel better at around 16 weeks but I kept thinking that things were going to go pear shaped, I kept myself busy and made myself goals to achieve eg. 21weeks, 25weeks etc, I don't think I brought anything till about 30 weeks. My DS is now a happy and happy 13mth old. Both DH and I would look at a chart in the OBs office at the appointments and get some peace in knowing there is only minimal chance of something going wrong after 12 weeks. PM me if you need to vent cause I'm sure I've had similar thoughts running through my head with all the fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy - I have a feeling we might have been in a TTC thread a while ago, I'm thrilled for you!

I have never had a m/c but I was similar to you - until I had those NT results I was so scared. I didn't want to get too excited because if the worst happened my heart would be broken. But what I've come to realise is that my heart would have been broken anyway - the next time I hope to embrace it a bit more and enjoy it more!

Sharing it publicly helped a lot - it really is so much fun to share such good news.

If you want to get your NT results before your next appointment, call your caregiver in the next week - I called my Ob a week after the scan (a week before my next appointment). I only needed to speak to the receptionist but I still remember her words - "everything's fine, the result is perfect". I shared my news as soon as I got off the phone! Don't ever be scared to call, that is what they are there for.

And soon you will feel bub move and that is when it will get really amazing! Best of luck xxxxx

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks guys I told on fb and it is lovely, lots of goodvibes and prob just want I need.

Totally didn't think of goal but makes sense, I inky had 12wks and now nothing except 40 which is overwhelming. I will set mini goals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am glad you feel good about it. Mini goals are the way to go.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (26-04-2012)