+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with the OP. It's annoying that people get too excited and spread the news, post photos on facebook about your pegnancy, wedding, delivery, etc. I want to be able to control what and how to share my news and who will be able to see it.

Sent from my U20i using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why can't people be happy for you? That's how I see it . If you don't want people to know don't tell anyone!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (27-04-2012),hopefully2  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    It's not about people not being happy, it's about respecting other peoples choice when it comes to personal announcements and privacy.

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can be happy for someone and still respect their wishes to keep it quiet until they are ready to tell.

The way I see it, us women are (mostly) only pregnant a few times at most so it's an amazing thing for us to share our news when we are ready to. I feel that when someone else spreads the news they are taking something very special away from the parents.

My DP's brother told DP's best friend which I am so sad about. This is our first baby and he was looking forward to sharing the news with his best mate, but his brother took that away from him. That's a moment he will never get back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kind of understand keeping it quiet and revealing it.

When I fell pg it was 11 weeks before the end of the school year. I didn't want my principal to know till I had had my 12 week scan. I had lost a pregnancy earlier in the year. I told no one except my family. My husbands family was arriving from overseas the Saturday after school finished so we scheduled the scan for the Friday before they arrived. We got to tell them in person with the pics.

We then started telling a few people but also told them that we were keeping it off Facebook till after the 6 week holidays so I could tell my boss in person and chat to a colleague face to face who is struggling to hold on to pregnancies.

We did email a few people and made it clear it was on the down low. Most kept it quiet except one girl whose congrats post I deleted from my wall and sent her a message again explaining we needed it to be quiet for now.

After the twenty week scan we went Facebook public as I felt more comfortable we were clear and I had made it public at work.

I do think it's hard to curb people's excitement. I think just gently explaining to people is helpful. Most people we wanted to tell in person as it was such a massive journey for us to get pregnant that we wanted to see their faces.

Try to not let it stress you though as it is terrible for the little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I love answering pregnancy questions! When I was UTD with DD I wanted to talk about it non-stop - but not with certain people. I get where OP is coming from though, I've got fam that just can't keep their traps shut - I swear they've got a phone gossip tree arrangement going! That being said, when we fall with #2 I'm keeping hush until 12 weeks mainly because people would say when I was preg with DD "wow, that's brave you're announcing before 12 weeks, what if you lose it?" Thanks for the vote of confidence! Only took 3 years and a miscarriage, really needed that opinion! :/<p>

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a very private person and I don't like to broadcast certain business around fb, I requested that no one post my wedding pics on fb and even though I am in my 23rd week I still have not announced my pregnancy on fb and I don't plan too, my last pregnancy had a lot of complications and didn't end well at 24 weeks, my first pregnancy my MIL took it upon her self to broadcast it to everyone she saw when I was 6weeks! I have also kept my current pregnancy off fb, my reason this time is I want to wait till I have a healthy baby in my arms before I broadcast my happiness about expanding my family. I would be very upset too if someone chose to breach my privacy for their own selfish excitement, I get that people can be excited but they also need to respect you as a person. Because of people trying to make pregnancy and births about themselves instead of the parents and new bub I am also lying about my due date so we can be in control of when we feel like visitors. I hope you have told this person how you feel about the breach of privacy, if they really cared about you they could have told you personally how excited they were. It does depend on who you are and your personal experiences to how you will feel during your pregnancy and their needs to be a level of consideration from others to respect your feelings.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maple For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gosh people are funny about pregnancies these days. Yeh it's your right and all that but after 12 weeks, I would have thought you'd be over the moon to tell people. Obviously people are private but pregnancy isn't exactly a private affair!!! LOL

Everyone knew with me when I hit about 16 weeks onwards...no one had to say a word - there it is for all the world to see. No use being all precious about it LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being pregnant doesn't make you public property.

If you choose to advertise your own, that's great, but show some respect to others who choose not to.

Everyone has their own reasons, some people want to get past X date, or are just private people.

I am obviously a private person, if people see me in the street and realise I'm expecting I don't mind that at all. It's the people who've gossiped when I've told them we're not telling anyone.
    So far as I'm concerned, unless I interact with someone a fair bit or see them in my day to day life, I don't see why I should divulge my business to them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffbum For This Useful Post:

pinkplease3  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What are they gossiping about? Your pregnancy? Surely the most they will say is "so and so is pregnant"
    "oh really, wow didnt know that"
    "yes she hasn't told anyone"
    "hmmm interesting"
    "anywho what ya up to Friday night"

Thrilling stuff.
    I wouldn't take it as far as saying you are "public property". Unless woman's day is willing to pay you 100k for your baby photos.
    People gossip its what they do, don't worry about it. If its not this it's that.
    Your pregnant enjoy it and don't let people get to you. Really does it matter, it's not going to change your life unless you allow it to affect you.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (27-04-2012),Deserama  (27-04-2012)