+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get annoyed when I've specifically told them not to say anything and they do anyway.

Of course it's good news, but regardless of what the news is, if someone told me to not say anything I'd respect that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffbum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's a personal choice. I'm actually quite the opposite though, I was ecstatic to share the news with the whole world lol, but that's me.
    I can see how it would irk you though.. you should be able to tell who you want, when you want.
    But as for people spreading the news, it's just human nature to gossip, and I'm sure they are, as pp's said, excited and happy for you and talking about it in a positive way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I sympathise with you. I tried to keep my last pregnancy really under wraps for a while. Dh was applying for a new job and I was having major changes in my work places. We wanted remove the chance of it causing either of us professional issues. A person I knew IRL read about it here on the hub and just started discussing it on fb like she was in the know. We hadn't even told our parents! It really peeved us both off. Dh didn't get the job he applied for. Unofficially we heard it was because they expected him to have time off with the baby (no proof sadly) and I missed out on opportunities that I should've gotten without any question. It was really disappointing
    Are you serious? I had no idea that happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really get it. By 18 weeks isn't your body making it public knowledge?

Maybe you've just had a certain bad experience? And gosh knows I'm not against whinging lol, but sometimes perspective helps too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyNo2 For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can relate 100%. I wanted to spill the news at 25weeks after my 18week loss. But a gossip girl found out through a friend of mine and spread it like wildfire through facebook and work.

It took my big announcement away and when people who didn't know about my past loss questioned why I was waiting after 12 weeks it was very awkward explaining why and then explaining complications in my current pregnancy.

It's good news but in the end it's your news to tell. People have reasons not to say right away.

Also I never fully showed until 27weeks so if it wasn't for her I could of gotten away with it..

Sent from my LT15a using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay87 For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH and I are like you too OP. Only close family and friends know we are pregnant this time. First time round ky MIL told the whole town they lived in and it was unsettling to get people I had never met before congratulating us.

I'm now 32 weeks and it's still off Facebook and I do not discuss my pregnancy with anyone outside immediate circle and bh.

This is our wish and we have let people know that. I think it's bad luck to talk about it. I don't do anything for the bub buying stuff wise till 35/36 weeks cos we are that superstitious.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I can't believe people are defending the busy bodies. Many people have issues with pregnancy and want to wait until later to break the news. What people are missing is that it's YOUR decision. People who blab when they have been told to are in the wrong. Who gives a hoot if they are excited, they are adults they can keep their trap shut. I'd call them out.

I didn't want it public knowlede I was pregnant until after my 12 week scan. So I didn't tell people I couldn't trust not to blab. This meant my parents didn't know until 14 weeks. I was justified... Proof came when bub was born and my father blasted it all over Facebook before I had a chance to tell my bff (bubs godmother).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wouldn't tell people with big mouths. I told my sister and she is not passing on the news to her DH because he'd tell his mum who would tell everyone!

Right now it feels like a private thing (11 weeks here) and it will be so for a lot longer. Big mouths would be shut out from future news with me!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wippy For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think if you told people not to say anything, then you definitely have a right to be VERY annoyed! However, if you didn't specifically say to keep it quiet then they probably didn't know they couldn't say.

I can totally understand where you are coming from. When I was about 6 weeks pregnant with my twins I told my immediate family. My brother then rang everyone he knew and told them. I was just a little bit upset about that

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. There are many reasons people may not want to share the news until a certain time. I'm also just over 18 weeks with my third, and was tired enough last pregnancy of people commenting that "they hope it's a boy this time!" and how big/small I was, how it was sitting, bla bla bla. I may just be hormonal, but having someone I wouldn't class as a good friend or family member crossing boundaries of touching bump, commenting on size/weight gain or lack of/ gender guesses, etc just starts to really **** me off after a while We've told the close family and friends we want to know, and they know to keep their mouths shut until we decide to announce it on a grander scale (probably next week ) OR suffer the terrible wrath of a hormonal pregnant woman. And I'm scary enough without the hormones
    Some people are just busybodies. I kept my BFF's baby news for 12+ weeks without telling anyone (multiple miscarriages) and my SIL's for 8 weeks. It simply was not my news to tell, and this time it isn't theirs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

Fluffbum  (27-04-2012)