+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What To Make And Sell?

Hello All
    Dont know if im posting this in the right place or not so please forgive me if in the wrong place.
    i recently brought a sewing maching (very excited) and i was wondering what could i make and sell for a small profit. Im not sure weather mums or dads will buy there child homemade clothes.
    i was thinking about making aprons and pretty girl dresses and dress tops but im not sure what people would buy.
    so please give me ideas on what you would buy or any ideas on things i could make.
    Thank you very much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google a pattern for pillowcase dress. They seem easy and look really pretty. I'm a member on a crafting forum and they are always talking about these dresses.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrookieR For This Useful Post:

Youngish87  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much. i have made dresses for friends little girls like there 1st birthday dress and some flower girls dresses just cause i have offered and didnt know if others would buy them off me. might just start making them and then advertise on fb and see how i go. might even try making jumpsuits

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend made me a lovely bib and matching shorts for wearing over a nappy on her machine. They really are lovely and I would definitely buy them as a present for someone if she was selling them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beatnik For This Useful Post:

MsV  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about ruffled bloomers to go over nappies. They are so sweet.

Otherwise there are some great patterns on this site.

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/produc...per-covers.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decent bibs that Bubs can't pull off ones that go over the head I had one I brought second had and was the best bib I owned

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to you all. I'll also attempt to make bibs (they look easy enough) and ill make sure i make them wide. been so many times that my DS has spilled things and hasnt gotten on the bib.
    will definatly do the ruffled bloomers they are so cute! (ill try them out on my DS.. )
    im also thinking about making play mats with ribbons and all that fun stuff.

I cant say thank you enough for your advice and imput. i will be hitting spotlight this saturday and prob go nuts on material
    p.s. am i the only one who likes zebra print? i love putting zebra with like either hot pink or a bright blue trim on things like my DS play mat. its zebra with blue silk on the side and bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sew and make clothing also... i think you need to have a look at what everyone else is making and then tweak it and add a feature or stamp that makes it your own.... or go for a type of clothing or baby item etc that no one / not many have touched on.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngish87 View Post
    p.s. am i the only one who likes zebra print? i love putting zebra with like either hot pink or a bright blue trim on things like my DS play mat. its zebra with blue silk on the side and bottom.
    YOu arent alone... i LOVE zebra print! Although, i dont put it on my DS, i do buy it and make things for my girlfriends little girls... i have some zebra panel at home waiting to be made into pajama pants for a lucky little girl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Youngish87  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bibs (like the 'Cotton On' type)
    Pram liners
    Activitys blankets, like a quilt that bubs lies on but with things sews on to make it interesting like a zip, buttons, a plastic mirror etc.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Youngish87  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a bit obssesed with zebra print. Had to tone it down when moved in with my DP and couldnt really dress my DS in it so hopefully next baby will be a girl lol.
    Pram liners would be a awsome idea! Thank you never thought of that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub