+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We eat sourdough here too. DD1 is intolerant to soy and it is one of the more readily available breads with no soy in it.

For those that don't give their kids sandwhiches every day: what do you give them for lunch? DD1 will eat all sorts of things, but DD2 has a sandwhich every day with out fail and I'd like to mix things up a bit for her.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wraps are a big hit with my too, salads, chicken strips, fruit and vegetable sticks, my kids love anything that they can dip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have yet to find wraps that don't break instead of bend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you tried mountain bread? I've never had a problem with breaking or cracking with mountain bread.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I have yet to find wraps that don't break instead of bend.
    I do a wrap for my son everyday. His favourites are Mission ones (usually wholemeal or wholegrain) - because we only use one a day, I pull one out of the packet - put in the microwave for 10sec then make up his lunch (turkey, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickles, carrot and pizza sauce) the night before. He loves it.

I find the mountain bread is only good if you're eating it then and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Have you tried mountain bread? I've never had a problem with breaking or cracking with mountain bread.
    They contain gluten. Can't have barley, oats,wheat or rye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They contain gluten. Can't have barley, oats,wheat or rye.
    That would make things difficult. Can't have corn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    That would make things difficult. Can't have corn?
    Corn is fine, but even a lot of corn ones still contain wheat or rye. The ones that don't just snap when you try to wrap with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Corn is fine, but even a lot of corn ones still contain wheat or rye. The ones that don't just snap when you try to wrap with them.
    That would be difficult, seems wraps aren't an option for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    We eat sourdough here too. DD1 is intolerant to soy and it is one of the more readily available breads with no soy in it.

For those that don't give their kids sandwhiches every day: what do you give them for lunch? DD1 will eat all sorts of things, but DD2 has a sandwhich every day with out fail and I'd like to mix things up a bit for her.....
    I only give DS bread every second day , we also use mountain bread for wraps which is a lot better , otherwise I'll make mini zucchini slice ( in muffin tins ) frittata, fish cakes, mini meatballs , noodles , chicken or fish strips, rice cakes with nut butters or avocado , chicken drumettes plus same as elleandsam he loves veggie sticks ( capsicum/carrot/cucumber) with dips , mostly tzatiki or hummus