+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A skin rash during pregnancy???????

Hi there,

I am 10 weeks pregnant and last week i noticed a few red (mosquito bite like) bumps all over my upper body. Initially they were not itchy either. However over the course of the week those “few” bumps have turned into a whole bunch more, their only all over my upper body, chest, stomach, back, but none of my face, just a few on my shoulder area, none on my arms and none on my legs/feet/hands!

Their now also beginning to get (moderately) itchy!

Ive had blood tests and urine tests done and the doctors cannot determine what it is!

I have never had any kind of allergies to anything.
    Their nothing contagious as hubby sleeps next to me every night n he hasn’t “caught it”
    Ive also not felt weak or anything, other than the normal tiredness as a result of the pregnancy!
    Has anyone else been through something similar? I THINK it might be a reaction to something, but i just wanted to know if anyone else has had something of this sort? Has any1 all of a sudden become allergic to something during pregnancy that they were never allergic too? Kind of flipping me out thinking about this, so any info on this would be helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_itchy-sk...gnancy_9450.bc

It can be Puritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy. Good that you've had blood test to check your liver function test in case it's something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say it could be PUPPPs too. I had it during my 2nd pregnancy, and it started out much the same, although not until the end if the second trimester for me.
    That was 11 years ago, and no one knew anything about it really, it was very hard to get relief for the itch.
    Hopefully they have found something that helps now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get this (puppps)- little red dots all over my belly, arms and legs... Although it doesnt come for me until about 30wks pregnant

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get a rash that sounds similar to yours & i have been getting it on and off for a while. Had several tests which came up with no allergies & was put down to stress/nerves. My rash usually starts as one small bump that i think is a mosie bite & then it slowly spreads. It's usually on my arms, legs, chest & hips. Had it at the start of this pregnancy & put it down to nerves after losing our last baby @ 11 weeks.
    Last edited by tandon171; 26-04-2012 at 02:18.