View Poll Results: Do you clean before good friends come to your home?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 81.94%
  • No

7 9.72%
  • Other

6 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate people popping in, even family for the pure fact I like to make the house extremely spotless when people come in. =(

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't clean like mad before anyone comes over, but i do do a general tidy up. I pick up toys, put away any dishes that are drying, make sure the boys beds are made etc. These are things that are generally done through the day anyhow.

If anyone coming to my house is going to judge me by the state of my house, they really don't know me at all!! My house is clean, kitchen, bathrooms, floors vac'd and mopped, there may be toys and kids junk everywhere, but our house is lived in.

Having said that, i am pregnant with #3 and have been sick all the way so far, i have two busy boys, my partner works fairly long hours as well as army reserves, and i also work 3 evenings weekly, i don't pressure myself too much to have a perfect house, but i have a warm loving home.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes. I have issues with wanting a pristine house but never achieving it despite cleaning constantly.

i know it's stupid but being a SAHM I feel that's partly my job therefore others expect it to be perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Always. I'd die if someone walked in to a mess or an unmade bed. That being said - I have a cleaner every week so it does stay clean - its more staying on top of putting things away. Tragically I have to admit I "tidy up" before the cleaning lady comes. DH goes nuts - but my theory is that I am paying her to CLEAN not put stuff away.

I do have my own thoughts on people who live in a bombsite...... but "lived in" - nope - I know my standard is kinda crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not everyone who thinks it's easy has a cleaner.
    I think it's just about routine and doing daily jobs to keep on top of it.
    We have 3 year old spirited twins and vacuum, sweep and mop everyday. Bathroom is the only thing that doesn't get done everyday, usually 3 times a week.
    If we didn't keep on top of it daily our place would be a disaster zone with this pair!
    I'm lucky though as DF does equal amount of housework daily as me, even after working 12 hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me its about priorities... We are very busy doing a lot of activities like music play group and swimming, and I'm trying to loose the last ten kilos so exercise and proper nutrition is important, I've banned the telly so have to direct the kids attention into playing and tasks.... So for me if theres toys everywhere and baskets of washing to fold and put away, its just because were having a good time!! Lol i honestly have learnt to leave without worrying what others think, if im happy thats all that counts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

JJZK  (27-04-2012),twotrunks  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep my house pretty clean all the time, but I will do a run around and make sure everything is away and dishes are dried and put away etc, I even do that before hubby comes home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted other because I dont need to I tend to be a neat freak and so everything needs to be away and clean or it stresses me out. The kids know this so they do well cleaning after themselves ie if done playing with toys they get put away asap before they do anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Always! I go into a little frenzy. My house is at it's cleanest when I know we are having people stay over.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear I'm not a weirdo and 'it's not clean enough' anxiety is suffered by others.