View Poll Results: Do you clean before good friends come to your home?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 81.94%
  • No

7 9.72%
  • Other

6 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have different house cleaning jobs I do everyday to stay on top of it.
    If I know people are coming over I try and vaccuum/mop or at least sweep. One of my friends's son has a lot of allergies so I try make sure the floor is free of food. (DS likes to eat on the go, I'm not grotty I swear!)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    no, my house is always generally tidy... if there are things about, it's usually toys in the boys rooms... and that's cool with me.

Our rule is no meals unless rooms are tidy.... so they tend to pick up and put away toys 3 times a day at least, and before bed. It never really gets out of hand.

Sink is run with water before meals, so as soon as food is eaten the plates are washed and stacked. The boys know to clear their plates into the bin, rinse them and stack them beside the sink. We don't eat with them.. so usually either DH or I is washing plates as they finish them.

Toilet is cleaned daily sometimes more than once.... because I have 5 boys using it and am rinsing nappies in it.

Dirty clothes go straight to laundry, clothes are folded as they are taken off the line and put away straight away.

Once you get into a routine it's just second nature really.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 25-04-2012 at 23:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before DS - spotless! Post DS - one holy mess! lol I figured I'd be more productive with my time and spend it with him during the day rather than clean... So tidying gets done whenever.. Usually at the end of the day but still not spotless!

I tidy Madly before even family come over - it doesn't take long to straighten it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our house is usually pretty tidy.. bar the dog hair on the floor/ couch. If I know someone is coming over I will sweep, wipe over the couches, clean the toilet and do a quick dust/ wipe over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I keep my house pretty clean. I usually spend my daughters afternoon nap time cleaning everyday so if someone was to drop by it would be fine but I do run around and o an extra clean before visitors come around. We don't have much clutter so it is easy to keep clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house is generally tidy (we are still pre-kids though) and we were blessed enough to get a robot vacuum cleaner for Xmas last year, so the general dust level is pretty good.

If its close friends, I won't do much. For more formal occasions, we'll do a full vacuum and make sure everything is in its place, dishes done and packed away etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I tidy more than clean. We have cleaners twice a week, so it stays pretty clean. But it can get cluttered. DD (22mths) can be a little tornado throughout the house, and it takes her less than 5 seconds to deposit toys/ stickers/ fridge magnets/ anything at all EVERYWHERE!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to do a quick clean... Vac the lounge/kitchen(main area guests see)
    shut our bedroom door - put clean laundry in there if I haven't folded it yet, chuck dirty dishes into the dishwasher or into the sink to make it look tidy in the kitchen, chuck random things i find lying about in our junk drawer in the kitchen to sort out later lol. Check the toilet is clean, wipe the basin and SD's room is normally not too bad and if any thing it's a few toys here & there which I'm not fussed about. That all takes about... 15-20 mins so not too hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smileygirl- well said. My DH is a hoarder, we have a 4 bedroom house and it was busting at the seams! And he's messy. We had to make room for the twins.

I was in hospital at 19 weeks, stayed there until they were born. I hadn't had a chance to do a big spring clean.

DH works away, so it is just me with infant twins, who often dont sleep at the same time. for the first 6 months I managed to keep up with the kitchen and washing, and now at 8 months I sometimes get some housework done. But always a mad tidy up before others come over, and all doors are shut. My nun comes over if it's a bad week and watches the girls so I can clean.

Visitors make me clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I clean if we're having a party, my parents are coming over, or people we don't know well are coming over (eg. our midwife atm).
    We're both pretty untidy people generally :P
    Don't bother cleaning for individual friends though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast