View Poll Results: Do you clean before good friends come to your home?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 81.94%
  • No

7 9.72%
  • Other

6 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I might run the vacuum over the floor but that's about it. Generally my dishes get done 2-3 times a day and I wipe benches down then. No clutter to hide cos I swear I have mild OCD and everything has to be in its right place all the time lol.

My house is always presentable. I just can't handle it otherwise and it seriously takes me about half an hour to an hour each day to keep it that way :-)
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 25-04-2012 at 21:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    I keep my house presentable 99% of the time but I do like to do a quick sweep and bathroom run over if I know people are coming over.
    HOW?! Like do you literally go around after everything continually cleaning? I can't imagine being able to keep my house presentable for visitors ON TOP of the other things I do so overwhelming! I WISH I could have it presentable

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our house is always very neat and tidy so I never have to worry about unexpected visitors!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not really clean. I'll put away any clean dishes on the drying rack, put any laundry in a basket in my bedroom, and do a bit of a tidy but that's it. I'm not an unclean person and i'm not friends with people who are going to judge a few grimy fingerprints or a crumb or 2,000 on the floor.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always clean before people come over, it actually provides me with motivation to go beyond a surface clean. I disagree with with PP who says it's not that hard to keep it tidy and clean. I find it a massive effort!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (26-04-2012),millie91  (26-04-2012),River Song  (25-04-2012),share a book  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My place is clean but often untidy so I do a quick once over before people come over. This also happens after I put DD down for a nap and again when she is in bed.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    HOW?! Like do you literally go around after everything continually cleaning? I can't imagine being able to keep my house presentable for visitors ON TOP of the other things I do so overwhelming! I WISH I could have it presentable

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    No, I don't. I clean the toilet every few days, while the kids are in the bath I'll wipe the bathroom bench down, if there's water spilled on the floor (which is pretty common) I grab the mop and presto! The bathroom floor is clean :-) dishes get done a few times a day like I said - this means I'm not stuck at the sink for ages at night :-) washing gets done a first thing in the morning. Kids pick their toys up and put back in their corner - I don't mind if it's not spotless in their corner, do long as the toys are in there :-)

I basically just do little bits here and there, but doing them regularly means they don't build up :-)

Having said that though, it's just myself, 6yo & 2yo. Before I left my XH it was insanely difficult to keep the house tidy and clean. I was pretty embarrassed about the state of that house.
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 25-04-2012 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have OCD so my place is clean 90% of the time. If I know somebody is coming over and my place is a mess, I try to tidy up as much as I can. If I don't find the time, I just leave it and don't really care if they see our mess haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    I always clean before people come over, it actually provides me with motivation to go beyond a surface clean. I disagree with with PP who says it's not that hard to keep it tidy and clean. I find it a massive effort!
    Yes I find it gives me motivation to do a decent clean. I joke with dh that I should have mothers group at my house every week just so I will do some cleaning

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

austmum  (25-04-2012),River Song  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy2bmum View Post
    Yes I find it gives me motivation to do a decent clean. I joke with dh that I should have mothers group at my house every week just so I will do some cleaning
    Lol I could have written this! I do the same, I find that if I have people over we actually do a proper clean!