+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What's tubal ligation syndrome??

I had my tubes tied about 3 years ago and so far so good. Actually it's really improved our sex life because we no longer have to worry about getting pregnant LOL I have heard of some complications with both tubal and vas....but I haven't heard of tubal ligation syndrome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Subscribing. .. I want hubby to get a vasectomy, he can't see why it shouldn't be me who gets their tubes tied.. hmmmm, very interested in others views...
    Sounds like me and dh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds pretty selfish of those husbands who don't see why it shouldn't be them. How about because you are the one who went through pregnancy and birth!!

My dh had it done after 4 kids I have physically been through enough. It's easier for men to get a reversal.

I agree that it shouldn't be done of you are not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

I'm pregnant with our third, and we're tossing up between who should take the plunge :P
    Hubby has offered, but then he is terrified of needles! So it's a huge deal that he's offered.
    But I kind of feel I should do it as I have had constant trouble using birth control (constant bleeding), plus I've had minor surgeries in the past thanks to my pcos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apparently a vasectomy is a much smaller and less risky procedure as well. Can just be done in dr surgery! Definitely should be him - like another post said - we did pregnancy / labour etc. I'm sure he can handle one little needle hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    What's tubal ligation syndrome??

I had my tubes tied about 3 years ago and so far so good. Actually it's really improved our sex life because we no longer have to worry about getting pregnant LOL I have heard of some complications with both tubal and vas....but I haven't heard of tubal ligation syndrome.
    Tubal Ligation syndrome has many symptoms but my mum's were depression, anxiety, weight gain, she ended up needing a hysterectomy a few years after having her tubes tied. None of this was put down to her tubes being tied at the time but these symptoms, plus more have become common enough after having tubes tied that they accept they are side effects from having your tubes tied and gave it a name (post tubal ligation syndrome).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (26-04-2012)