+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centerlink payment

Hi just wondering if anyone has received a payment or two payments from centerlink for no reason or know the reason. I don't claim centerlink as my partner earns too much and believe if we entitled to it well get at tax time. I don't want to touch it incase it's a mistake. I have a 2 yo. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The only 'extra' payment I know they are doing is the carbon energy one but I didn't think they started paying until 16th May, but perhaps that's what it was. Is there any information on, I'm assuming bank information, do you do centrelink online?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Koop09  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum did. She claims no centrelink but received ftb from when my brother was 12 to 16, he is now 23. They will probably balance the books at tax time, accuse her of fraud then demand it back but for now they are saying they don't know why it is there. Seems their style.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just received child care rebate.. Was shocked to see it in the bank! Went in on 23rd. It's half of what you paid first quarter on child care fees... Maybe that was it?

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Early last year I got $1000 in my bank and I called up about it they said they had finally caught up with checking what we received in FTB vs what my DH had earnt, and they owed me the difference as I had under-declared. Maybe that could be it? In any case I just called up straight away and found out what it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My mum did. She claims no centrelink but received ftb from when my brother was 12 to 16, he is now 23. They will probably balance the books at tax time, accuse her of fraud then demand it back but for now they are saying they don't know why it is there. Seems their style.
    I agree I'd rather not claim anything and if I am entitled to something get at tax time just to ensure I don't have to pay anything back. My mum was overpaid 2000 a long time ago and she had to pay it all bak their mistake mind u so I have always been very wary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Koop09 View Post
    I agree I'd rather not claim anything and if I am entitled to something get at tax time just to ensure I don't have to pay anything back. My mum was overpaid 2000 a long time ago and she had to pay it all bak their mistake mind u so I have always been very wary.
    This sounds like a great Idea.. How do you go about not claiming through the year? We only get about $350 per fortnight anyway and I'd rather go without it all year and get a lump sum at tax time.. I guess I'll just call them and ask them to withholding it? If it means I don't have to keep updating our estimated income I'm all for it!

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It could be maternity immunisation payment. From memory the first one is given after the 18 month needles, but only once the info has gone on the register which can take a little while.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum transferred it to her billpaying account, it was only a small amount but what would it be for? No depents, my little bro is the youngest at 23, she works 6.30am to 4pm monday to friday, but they told her she must be entitled lol, as if. It's in her billpaying acct for when she gets the bill to pay it back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The quarterly child care rebate has just been paid. Is your child in care, as it could be that?

Alternatively, I understand they are paying some sort of lump sum carbon tax payment. I haven't received anything, but I claim FTB A annually, so I don't expect a payment of that now.

The other random payment I once received was the vaccination payment. I think they do one after your child is 18 months, and another at 4, although I don't know if that is shortly being scrapped.