+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i hope the results come back ok. As for the abnormal pap usually your body will fight off the HPV virus that causes abnormal cell / cervical cancer. have you been tested for hpv?

Stay strong your young and healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would let you all know that the results came back negative!!! whoohoo!! My doctor said she had never ever seen two false positive readings. My blood must contain antibody's but does not have the hep c virus!
    So we are fine to go ahead with our baby making plans!!
    Such a relief!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing for baby For This Useful Post:

Sunnybambino  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is fantastic news! I knew it'd be fine! As I said, i've definitely seen it before so I had good hope for you! All the best for the ttc journey now!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi WishingForBaby,
    to back this train up a little bit - I would like to talk to you about the pap smear.
    Not to alarm you - I am 27. I had cervical cancer when I was 24. I might be able to talk you through this
    (I'm sorry, I'm going to fire a few questions at you here)
    Is this the first time your smear has come back with an abnormal result?
    Did you get Gardasil injections?
    Does Cervical Cancer run in your family?

Now, take a deep breath cause it might not all be awful
    An abnormal result can be a lot of things. Yes yes yes, it can be the start of other things. It can also be that there was sperm (eew I know) on the sample. 'Abnormal' can be just ONE cell that's a bit different from the others.
    Statistically they say that only a small percentage ever turn into anything. While that may be true, it doesn't mean you can forget about it.
    In reading the Government pamphlet on Pap Smears (both when I had cancer and again just now to refresh my memory) I must say - what a load of crap. It downplays the whole situation.

I sound very doom and gloom - my apologies! I suppose what I'm trying to say is - be proactive. You've got your next smear in August. Awesome. The best advice I can give you is to not let anyone tell you that everything will work itself out because the statistics say it will. Get a referral and get further testing done (if it comes to that). No matter what. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be sitting here typing away at you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So glad your hep C results came back negative. As for the lap, definately get retested in 3 months. Over the last 10 years most of my paps have come back with abnormal cells, requiring further tests at the gynos, fortunately for me my body has fought the abnormal cells off, but to this day I still get tested yearly, just to be on the safe side.

I hope everything starts looking up for you and you get to go ahead with your plans in august