+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help.. Has this happened to anyone else?..

Hi All,

I have been stalking around for quite a while now, but this is my first post. My husband and I are very very eager to start TTC, however we are waiting until August to get our finances in order first.
    I decided to go to the docs about 2months ago, to speak to her about what I should be doing in preparation and have a pap.
    She suggested taking the vitamins, pap and doing some blood tests to make sure all was in order.
    Here is where it all started to fall apart... My pap came back as abnormal.. Which she said i could re test again in August before we start TTC- more than likely my body will just fight it off.
    Then my bloods came back and i have tested low positive to hep c!!
    I am 25, never done needles, no tattoos, no blood transfusions.
    I needed to re test, which I have just done and it has returned the same result. They test in two ways, one is showing low positive and one negative.
    So now I have been sent for more tests, and am waiting on those results.
    I am just so upset, I feel like it has put such a hold on TTC! We have been counting down the months until August and now all of this bad news that I wasn't expecting, it makes me feel like forever until we will be able to even start- thats if all of this turns out ok..
    I felt like I was quite healthy, young and we wouldn't have any problems..
    I have looked around here, but cant find anyone else that this has happened to- I was hoping to find someone that it had all just turned out to be false tests and it all turned out fine!
    A lot of my information has come from googeling- and sometimes this does more damage than good I think!
    I haven't told anyone (other than my husband of course and my Mum, as I feel quite embarrassed about it.
    Sorry this turned out to be alot longer than I expected!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Honey,

I could not read and not repond, so I have never had this happen but is there a easy to complete treatment for Hep c and if so how long woul it take for you to start said treatment.

I know this has thrown a complete spanner in works for you and your partner. It is beter to know now though as youcan begin getting treated for it and treatment is a lot easier when not pregnant. Good luck on your journey I hope that it turns out to only be a small bump in the road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wishing for baby
    so sorry to hear that your TTC has already been made difficult.
    Unfortunatly I can't help you with your questions but please try not to worry too much. Hopefully it will all sort itself out and not be as bad as you think.

Maybe try to get another opinion if it still comes back positive.???
    Good luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you can get Hep (not sure which one) even just from dirty drinking water or dirty seafood. - My liver reults keep showing I have a infection, then they test a month later and it is fine. It seems to come around every 3 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the support!
    Grubs- hep c is blood to blood contact. There is a small chance it could be something like sharing toothbrushes, razors or sexual transmitted but all are only small chances as it would have to be my blood contact with someone who has it.. And I don't know anyone who has it. Fingers crossed this test comes back negative!! The waiting is the worst, when you start to think of all the bad things!
    Thank you again, it is really good to hear supportive thoughts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you explain a bit more about how they did the two tests and one came back positive and one negative?
    They can usually test for 'active' hep C, and a test for 'chronic' hep C. But not knowing exactly what your bloods say, I can't say if you have had hep C in the past and cleared it, or if you have had it and it has become chronic.
    It does sound as though you have somehow contracted hep C in the past, especially given you have had 2 positive results. These further tests might be to see whether the virus has become chronic, or whether your body has managed to eradicate it fully.

So sorry this has happened to you . Try not to panic before you know more about what is going on.

For the previous posters information, the Hep A is the one you get from eating contaminated food (endemic in Asia). Hep C is a blood borne virus.

Good luck for your upcoming results, hopefully things are going to be ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am unsure how one can be positive and one negative :/ They think it must be something in my blood that is making one show positive.. They have told me the name of the two tests but u forget..
    The one I had the other day I think was hcv rna by pcr ..
    So this will come back a definite neg or positive.
    And then I may have to have further tests to find out why that one test is showing positive..
    :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I had more information than this but I work in the health field and see people's results all the time and I have frequently seen false positives - the lot of testing that you are currently having will hopefully come back negative. Sorry I can't remember the in's and out's of it, I can find out for you if that would help. Same scenario too, first two are pos or indeterminate and then negative. Its actually got a fairly high rate of showing false positives compared with say, hiv.

Such a scary time for you, but have hope it can still be ok... Has your husband been tested? Hopefully it'll be ok, especially with the no risk factors. Hugs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks veggiemama.
    Yes my husband did go and get tested after I received my first results back. His results came back negative.
    I guess we just wait and see how these results come back.
    I can only hope that if it is positive, it can be treated and we can still have a baby. At the moment that is my biggest fear
    And then once all this is all out of the way, I still have the abnormal pap smear result to re do as well. However I have heard this is quite normal to be abnormal and then your body fight it off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i hope the results come back ok. As for the abnormal pap usually your body will fight off the HPV virus that causes abnormal cell / cervical cancer. have you been tested for hpv?

Stay strong your young and healthy