+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    meh ... I'm a teacher and I've lost track of how many times students have shared nits with me over the years ... when DS1 was tiny I even shared them to him ... sigh .. not easy to treat on a one year old!!!

They dont bother me ... yes they are icky .. YES you need to treat them (repeatedly .. because they are sneaky!) but its not a reflection on your parenting .. they happen to everyone - kids hug .. kids touch heads in the playground - some kids share / tease each other by taking hats ...

I'm lucky - having two boys, they dont hug as much as girls .. lol - and they always have short hair .. so the contact is lower .. but it still happens.

Dont stress about it - just let the teacher know so a note can go home - if ALL parents are vigilant about communication with the staff, and treatment the nits dont spread as quickly

xx
    Jen
    This as a preschool teacher I have got them a few times from the kids and dd gets them too from her friends and we pass them between us as we co sleep.
    The best treatment I found is just conditioner and a metal comb. It doesn't kill them but it makes it easier to get both nits and the live and dead eggs out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The first time we got them i actually didnt know what to lool for or what they looked for. Coop had them a few days by this stage. In the end we got rid of them and have had them back a few times since but definately havent had them for over a year ir close to it. Last time i remember seeing them was when a kid come to sleepover and his mum didnt tell me he had them. I treated us but we never had them and did the house out too as i have a very strong dislike to them. Reminds me i should prolly start spraying coop again each day.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughter has had them several times. First time you freak out for sure. But after a while you realise its not that you're a bad parent. Its just part of having a school age child.

I use store brought nit defence spray and as long as DD uses it every day before school she is usually fine.

PS Please be careful with how much tea tree oil you use. It can be quite harsh if you use too much.

Good luck and dont feel so guilty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's been a day I tell you!!! I think the main thing is I've been so stressed and behind in all the cleaning for ages and I'm so disorganised that I really didn't need the pressure... Thanks for all your support, I think I just needed to talk about it...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)