+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Forcing a baby to scream in a carrier it is the opposite of what AP is forcing your baby to comply for your benefits while completely ignoring what they are clearly telling you they dont like. There is nothing responsive about that way of parenting.

Im struggling with a baby who wants to be carried. Not worn. Not in the ergo, sling or wrap. Screams in the pram. Loses her head in the car till shes gasping for air. Only wants to be carried in MY arms (just me)

So my baby agrees - no need for devices. Lol. But omg I cant go out.without her being distressed

As for breast feeding. I need Three things. Left breast. Right breast. Baby. Done

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 25-04-2012 at 20:05.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post

As for breast feeding. I need Three things. Left breast. Right breast. Baby. Done

Not even. I know there's a hubber who BF to 2 years from just 1 boob

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post

Mine weaned from the right breast at 11 months then fed left side only until 3 lol.

I know what AP is, but it seems like everything on AP is about birth to 12 months and device-focused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post

Lol. Well *I* need 2. Well... I have two so I may as well use them!

I can appreciate using things like pillows, wrist bands, covers, maternity bras & clothes etc. Though. Whatever makes it easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had a PM and a few comments here saying 'you don't do AP, you never breast fed' after responding to AP threads. AP is just my natural parenting style, the label fitted later. It's not a check list thing at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I've had a PM and a few comments here saying 'you don't do AP, you never breast fed' after responding to AP threads. AP is just my natural parenting style, the label fitted later. It's not a check list thing at all.
    Seriously?? That is crazy.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Are you serious?! How ridiculous! Some people are just odd.

I agree regarding your comment too - I actually had never even heard of AP before my first son was born. I was first introduced to the term several months after his birth and I realised that it was how I parented. I still don't really like labels, but it just happens to be what I do and the philosophy aligns with me perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SAB, like me you have an older child and personally these things just weren't as out there when we had kids as they are now days.

Yes I had a carrier for DD but I also simply learnt to do things one handed as that was the done thing 9 years ago. I'm sure all these fancy things where available, they just simply weren't as available as they are now.

If I was to have another child now I'd feel so overwhelmed with all the things available cause with DD I just had the basics and it worked for us.

It wasn't until reading up on here about attachment parenting I realised its what I've always done with DD, to me it was simply being an in-tune mother and responding to my child's needs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    SAB, like me you have an older child and personally these things just weren't as out there when we had kids as they are now days.

Yes I had a carrier for DD but I also simply learnt to do things one handed as that was the done thing 9 years ago. I'm sure all these fancy things where available, they just simply weren't as available as they are now.

If I was to have another child now I'd feel so overwhelmed with all the things available cause with DD I just had the basics and it worked for us.

It wasn't until reading up on here about attachment parenting I realised its what I've always done with DD, to me it was simply being an in-tune mother and responding to my child's needs.
    I bought different carriers, not only did I have dd, but also my teenage brother, my cousin's 3 kids (including her son who has autism), and dd's god-mother used to bring her toddler to me. Breastfeeding wristbands and pillows were everywhere. When dd was about a year old, I heard about AP. There were lots of books about it and it seemed like what everyone did around me, but didn't really see the need for a label. At 4, I looked up more about it online and found lots of people sharing stories and lots of info on it. Now, it seems more product focused than about any parenting theory.

But oh how much easier life would have been if she went in something!