+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would recommend more fruit... Grapes and mandarins I LIVED on whilst pregnant.. They fill you up especially if you have them with a cuppa or something and they are nutrient packed for you and ababy and NO fat!

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You need to eat more protein, that's why you're starving all the time. Good suggestions were eggs on your toast in the morning, yoghurt. You could grill some lean bacon, toast a ham & cheese sandwich - just something that will help the carbs you're eating to burn more slowly so you aren't famished within an hour.

If you eat protein with every meal & snack it really will satisfy you much better. I make a quick "dip" with cottage cheese, garlic salt & pepper which I dip my carrot & celery sticks in. It's so tasty and very filling. At a push, peanut butter also has protein in it but is full of fat so be careful there.

Chicken nuggets are not a good source of protein unless you made them yourself from breast meat. They tend to be low quality, full of fillers. So maybe try a good lean cut of meat, some fish or a chicken breast at dinner time.

I agree with ChrissyG though - your body really will do what it likes during pregnancy. I was hoping to keep my overall weight gain to about 10kg, so far I've gained 15kg - and I'm a nutrition coach who works at a gym!! Try not to stress too much, you'll have bad days and good days - I just try to keep the good days outweighing the bad wherever I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend more fruit... Grapes and mandarins I LIVED on whilst pregnant.. They fill you up especially if you have them with a cuppa or something and they are nutrient packed for you and ababy and NO fat!

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    As others have said, wouldn't stress about it too much...sounds like you eat more good food that i do most days.

If it's really bothering you, my only thoughts would be:

Try something more filling for snacks...5 cups of tea a day with that much sugar = a lot of energy, and not very filling. Could also try cutting down the sugar slowly

Maybe watch portion sizes for meals. Eg. eat half of what you usually would for dinner, wait half an hour. If you're still hungry, eat some more.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try adding more protein to your morning meals, special k cereal has a high protein/fibre and it's great.. Try it with some low fat yoghurt (for extra protein) and some strawberries.. I find that keeps my hunger at bay till lunch....

I also agree water will fill you up too and is great for you and baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im hungry all the time too, If I didnt eat I would feel really sick, clammy, tired and nauseous.
    I always had fruit, nuts, chips and water in my bag handy. It's weird, nuts for some reason is very filling so I would have a handful of unsulted nuts and it would curb my stomach.
    Try low GI food, definitely buy lowGI bread like tiptop's 'The One' cuz they keep you fuller for longer as your body takes longer to digest it.