+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A bit of fashion advise please.....

I'm going to a 40th birthday party next weekend.

I just plan on wearing the traditional "little black dress" and my black patent heels.
    The dress is just above the knee.

I have really white legs though so I was thinking of wearing stockings.
    But I don't know what sort of stockings.
    What would look better?
    Skin colour stockings (the shiny satin ones?), black stockings - plain, shiny satin, patterned ones or even fishnets?

My fashion sense these days is out the window

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could you use a little bit of dove body glow? It gives you a slight colour without being orange or streaky. You could apply a little bit each night until saturday.
    Nice bare legs look so much nicer than stockings.... Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some funky patterns could be good (not fishnet)..Jonathon Aston does great prints.....if you do go for pantyhose go for "Londra" not "Nero" (to dark) maybe a 12 denier ...Levante are always good..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    * I am super old fashioned *
    Fish nets always scream Jessabel to me.... So they would be a no go. Any of the rest would be nice but I agree with FOBS bare legs are the nicest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think fishnets can look nice and not slu++y if the rest of the outfit is fairly conservative. A 50yo woman at work wears them and honestly they look totally great. My SIL also wears them to work and she is the opposite of slu++y.

Otherwise i'd go patterned black stockings or a sheer (15 denier) tan stocking.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't wear fishnets with an above the knee skirt. A pair of patterned tights would be nice. Leona Edmonson (sp?) also does nice ones.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love a good opaque black stocking. they're very 'in' at the moment and always look sophisticated. In saying that, I'm also a fan of the cool patterned ones too.

Someone told me recently that skin colour stockings are 'out' this season and since I heard that, I've seen no one wearing them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    I love a good opaque black stocking. they're very 'in' at the moment and always look sophisticated. In saying that, I'm also a fan of the cool patterned ones too.

Someone told me recently that skin colour stockings are 'out' this season and since I heard that, I've seen no one wearing them!
    Skin coloured should always be out!! lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Areca  (25-04-2012),FearlessLeader  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like wearing black opaque tights with a dress its much warmer too. Dont get the see through black stockings that will look crapola you need the thicker ones but not leggings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patterned or coloured tights are very fashionable and would look great, especially as its getting towards winter. I'd go for a winter coloured tight, I've got grey/ blue and burgundy sets and I always get great reactions and you can tone with accessories.