+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First b'day present for dd?

So it's our dd's first birthday in July, and am starting to really think about it.
    But we have absolutely no idea what to get her!

We were thinking something along the lines of something super special as well as some sort of toy she can enjoy now.
    But that's where the ideas end!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We got a custom handmade king sized quilt for DDs first Christmas. I figured she can have it forever and when she's gone from our home can have it on her bed as a reminder of our love.

For her first birthday we did up her bedroom as she now has a single bed, we got a custom canvas of a little girl and her doll on a bench in a garden to hang in her room.

I know my grandparents got a charm bracelet for my first birthday with a few symbolic charms, they've added to it every birthday and Christmas since.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, you've given me some great ideas!
    I love the idea of the quilt!
    I wish I could do her room for her, but in the process of buying and selling, so who knows where we'll be then.

Charm bracelet is beautiful too. Her name's ruby (if you didn't guess!) so was thinking that one day, I would like to get her some ruby jewellery. But might save that for the 18th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got our dd some play equipment for outside, eg: swing set, trampoline, play fort, cubby house etc, that way she'll be able to enjoy it for the next few years to come..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to do that!
    just not in a position to do that right now. And I don't wanna get cheap crappy stuff either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For my daughter's first birthday, I blew up photos of her first everything (tooth, big bath, solids, trip to beach, Christmas, easter, etc.) and stuck it on a wall for everyone to look at at her party, and I now have it in an album for her, along with photos of her first birthday.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    a pandora to add charms too as she gets older

start her a box. buy a chest and start filling it..a newspaper from her 1st birthday, a cd of the top hits and record her a message from
    you all about her first year.

a quilt square...and every year buy a new one to make in to a quilt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got DD a pendant of her initial that is set with a diamond. It is put away for safe keeping for noe

13. The Following User Says Thank You to carleena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a piece of jewellery would be lovely. My first thought was an engraved baby bracelet with her name and first bday date. You might be able to find one with a little ruby in it too which would make it extra special. Or even a little baby brooch also engraved with her name, they are lovely to have as well.

A pandora is a great idea, I'm pretty sure you can get child sized ones but even an adult one would be nice and you can add to it each year.

A special set of story books? Like Pooh or Enid Blyton or something like that? You could look online for a first edition if you want to spend a bit more and have a special story in mind.

Jewellery box? Swarovski crystal?

Something I give special babies for their 1st bday is a gorgeous silver cake knife engraved with the baby's name and date of birth or date of 1st bday. The idea is that they use it every year to cut their bday cake. Something they can eventually take with them when they leave home.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowSky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We bought DD an old fashion charm bracelet and we add to it every birthday, christmas etc my family also give her a charm each birthday too - she now has 3 bracelets at at last valuation the three combined at worth $4500