+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Traveling to the uk with a 4 month old

Hi all
    I will be traveling to the uk with my 4 month DS (alone ahhhhhh). She is FF and I was wondering if anyone has brought the pre made cartons of formula on the flight with them? I'm not sure if I will be allowed to take them on board as they are 200mls each. It would be much easier than having to bring the formula!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can take limitless amounts of fluids for babies. You will find the staff very helpful and accommodating. 4 months is a great age for the trip. Much better than when they need less sleep and want to crawl!

Sent from my X10a using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Bebek1  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't taken the pre-made cartons, but I've travelled overseas with DD a lot (from 4mths on), and I always took pre-made bottles of formula (usually up to 6 in a cool-bag).

At the security scan thingy you just tell them that you have baby food. Usually they just scan it and wave you through. Once I had a security guard undo and sniff each bottle (bleurghhh formula smell).

The UK is not usually as tightly controlled as Australia, and usually they'll just wave you through without a second glance.

DD is now 22mths and we just travelled overseas with flasks of milk and snacks for her. Again they just scanned it and waved us through. You're fine to bring baby food and milk/ formula through.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Bebek1  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks so much