+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default First appointment with FS... What can I expect?

My DH & I have been ttc for 13 months now & have our1st appointment with FS on Thursday, we are seeing DR Lincoln Brett @ Hollywood Fertility Clinic, just wanting to know what we can expect from our first appointment, DH has been tested and count was low, I was ovulating too late, but have been on Chaste Tree for the last 3 months so that is improving... Anyone been to The sameDr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I haven't been to that doctor but my first fs appointment was about an hr long, lots of questions of us, some explaining of what PCOS is (already knew I had it before going) and how it affects TTC, an internal ultrasound then got some referrals for more pathology tests and instructions on what to do meds wise pending outcome of tests (had to phone fs a few days later for results), and a few scripts for provera and clomid. All much less scary than I had anticipated! Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks greenfairy, appreciate it, I'm a control freak so the unknown does my head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    not the same dr either. i had already had a lot of test before seeing my fs for the first time, so that saved getting some of those tests. (dh sperm tests, checking for ovulation, progesterone levels, thyroid etc!).

he explained that he wanted to do some more tests though and an ultrasound to check for follicles. so i was prescribed provera, then after af arrived i had those tests. at the next appointment i was prescribed clomid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, 1 more sleep till I find out DH husband arrives home tonight (works FIFO complicates our journey more!) I just want a plan so I know what the next steps are, finding it hard to concentrate at work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean about finding it hard to concentrate AmyEL!! My first FS appointment is tomorrow too! I've already had lots of blood tests and ultrasound to check for PCOS done by GP and all were normal. So guessing if you've not had these done it will be the first things they'll recommend.
    Let us know how you get on tomorrow! We can compare notes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck girls :-)
    I found getting that first appointment out of the way a massive relief and felt like I was finally moving forward after the long 3 month wait for the appointment. Hope all goes well for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your appointment go Amy?

My prolactin levels are really high which might be caused by a drug i am on for my Gastro problem. Have to stop taking it for 3 weeks then test again. If level returns to normal and still no AF after 2 months i will be given clomid. I wanted it now but apparently it won't work if prolactin is high. I am upset i have to wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have to do IVF, hubby's count is very low so only way it's going to happen for us... Hopefully start first cycle in 9th May... Interesting times ahead, not looking forward to having to inject myself!