+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS2 was having a nap in his cot so I got DS1 to lay down in my bed with me for a rest (he's sick and over tired) well I fell asleep and he didn't. He told me he was hungry and I remember mumbling about a banana and pretzels. Was great when I woke up he'd given himself lunch and a drink and was happily playing
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 25-04-2012 at 15:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Sassy, my 5 year old daughter never. Stops. Talking. So I feel your pain! I too have told het to go away and give me some space. I always feel bad about it, but can't help it sometimes the constant chatter is overwhelming
    It is definitely the talking.

I've told DP I know I'm such a terrible mother... other mothers seem to relish all this from their kids, whereas I just think, "OMG WILL YOU EVER SHUT UP?!" and want to go hide in hte toilet just to make it stop. lol.

I can handle noise... and even toddlers waffling crap all day... but when my daughter is constantly talking about demands an answer (she never did as a toddler), and gets cranky if she thinks I'm not paying her full attention (usually because I'm doing something else)... well, yeah that's when I do a "Chanel, could you please go away for a bit!" lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    It is definitely the talking.

I've told DP I know I'm such a terrible mother... other mothers seem to relish all this from their kids, whereas I just think, "OMG WILL YOU EVER SHUT UP?!" and want to go hide in hte toilet just to make it stop. lol.

I can handle noise... and even toddlers waffling crap all day... but when my daughter is constantly talking about demands an answer (she never did as a toddler), and gets cranky if she thinks I'm not paying her full attention (usually because I'm doing something else)... well, yeah that's when I do a "Chanel, could you please go away for a bit!" lol.
    Oh god yes I get this!
    This is my daughter... She is 2.5 and talks non stop and it's all stuff that she expects a reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ignore Ds when I know he is 'pkaying with' (aka scaring the cr@p out of) our bunny, my theory was that the bunny can ( and does) go to the other end of the cage and Ds can't get in cos its a small cage ...

Tonight I found Ds in the cage :/

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (25-04-2012),twotrunks  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    dora always saves me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our cat gets up high. Our dog has a lot of patience. Sassy, I feel your pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread, some good ideas

iPhone is the number one distracting device here, Hi-5 clips

Or popping him in the hair chair and sprinkling the tray with plain rice bubbles. Grapes in the snack catcher work well but he has gotten really fast at eating them now.

Not so much bad parenting but when I do the food shop I grab a continental cucumber (the ones wrapped in plastic) give it to DS and he gnaws on it the whole way through the shops. Looks quite funny as they are about a foot long sometimes. (they are priced per cucumber, not per kilo so we're not stealing!!!)

Unfortunately DS has no interest in TV yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh many things

I give them junk food, and make them sit infront of the TV
    Or give them a bowl of frozen peas, and make them sit infront of the TV
    If I really need a break, I will encourage them to play video games

I once took both mine to the local hospital creche and lied about having an appointment, then went upstairs for an hour to the coffee shop for some peace and quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    Oooh many things

I give them junk food, and make them sit infront of the TV
    Or give them a bowl of frozen peas, and make them sit infront of the TV
    If I really need a break, I will encourage them to play video

I once took both mine to the local hospital creche and lied about having an appointment, then went upstairs for an hour to the coffee shop for some peace and quiet.

Classic

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Two year old, will do anything for a chocolate egg . or the Wiggles