+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    iPhone keeps dd1 amused for hours great while I'm out and need her to behave

At home I plonk her on the couch with some snacks usually tiny teddies or smarties if I'm desperate and put on Dora or Mickey mouse she loves both and won't move it usually buys be about an hour or two to have a nap with dd2 I would survive other wise I need sleep lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is really bad.....but I know DD used to be really afraid of the vacuum when she was about 3, so if I ever wanted 5 minutes peace i'd just get the vacuum out and leave it going in the middle of the floor whilst I sat and had a cuppa. She'd run to her room and close the door.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (25-04-2012),twotrunks  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    This is really bad.....but I know DD used to be really afraid of the vacuum when she was about 3, so if I ever wanted 5 minutes peace i'd just get the vacuum out and leave it going in the middle of the floor whilst I sat and had a cuppa. She'd run to her room and close the door.
    Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh where to start..
    • Wiggles so I can shower.
    • Abc2/4 just because Ive had enough.
    • Coco pops for breakfast because It was faster then toast and porriage.
    • Cheese and Bacon rolls for 5 mins of peaceful shopping.
    • iphone play because i really really needed L to be quite.
    • Homebaked cookies as a reward for 3 days straight because I cooked a big batch and didnt want to eat them all myself.
    • Fish fingers and home made chips for dinner because I didnt have the energy for one more dinner battle.
    and sometimes i get the girls out of bed in the middle of the night and bring them to my bed for snuggle sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Destroy the spare room, pull all the books off the bookshelf and open all the cd cases.
    Is this what the children do or is it what you do I laughed because sometimes I would love to show ds what it feels like when he people trash your room.

I'm a bad mum because ds gets the iPhone whenever he wants it because I don't want to hear him whinge, he gets bad food on occasion as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    TV and food.
    Play in bath tub while i sit in front of the bathroom reading mag.
    playdough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 just got a DS for his birthday, so that is his new toy lol. So if I need a break Im sure to use that.
    TV/movie is my break if I need some peace.
    They are fine during shopping, they know if they be good then at the END of the shop they will get something special.
    Chocolate eggs are a special treat when they behave. Other than that, I give them money if I need them to do something like clean up. THey get pocket money lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I also just tell my daughter to "go away."

I tell her to leave me alone for a bit because she's driving me mental and is about to make me really angry if she keeps at it - so to go away and do something else away from me.

That's probably meaner and worse than all the "let my kids eat chocolate," stuff in here...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sassy, my 5 year old daughter never. Stops. Talking. So I feel your pain! I too have told het to go away and give me some space. I always feel bad about it, but can't help it sometimes the constant chatter is overwhelming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I also just tell my daughter to "go away."

I tell her to leave me alone for a bit because she's driving me mental and is about to make me really angry if she keeps at it - so to go away and do something else away from me.

That's probably meaner and worse than all the "let my kids eat chocolate," stuff in here...
    God no!!! I do this too!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (25-04-2012)