+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Silly question...

Does loosing weight suddenly at the end mean labour is imminent? I'm only 34ish weeks but I've lost somewhere between 4 - 5kgs in the last week. And I've been eating pretty crap, I really expected to have put weight on. Lots of things have been happening in the last week that 'could' be considered pre-labour but I had just been putting them down to it been my third pregnancy and getting towards the end. So am I been silly or should I actually start packing my hospital bag?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I've never heard of that although I have noticed that some women, towards the end of their pregnancies, look very skinny (apart from the boobs and belly) - it's as if bub has sucked everything out!

Sorry I couldn't help... but I would be packing my bag anyway, I packed mine at 34 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who knows, but it can't hurt to pack your bags. I had no pj's in hospital and froze. Wish I'd packed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fluid loss maybe? Have you had the runs or needed to pee a lot lately?

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont want to alarm you, but...Your waters haven't been leaking have they? If you have had a slow leak, you need to see your dr ASAP to check there is still enough amniotic fluids for bubs. It probably wouldn't hurt to see your dr or middie anyway just to be sure.
    I know at about 36 weeks, bubs 'dropped' and people started commenting on how I looked skinnier, because my body looked longer (IYKWIM) but I didnt actually lose kgs, just didn't gain for the last week or so! Hope alls well, I'm sure it will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm not really any different to the rest of this pregnancy. I'm most likely just way over thinking things, and it suits me just fine to put it down to 3rd trimester stuff. I might actually go and buy what I need for my hospital bag though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    I dont want to alarm you, but...Your waters haven't been leaking have they? If you have had a slow leak, you need to see your dr ASAP to check there is still enough amniotic fluids for bubs. It probably wouldn't hurt to see your dr or middie anyway just to be sure.
    I know at about 36 weeks, bubs 'dropped' and people started commenting on how I looked skinnier, because my body looked longer (IYKWIM) but I didnt actually lose kgs, just didn't gain for the last week or so! Hope alls well, I'm sure it will be
    Nah I'm pretty sure I haven't been leaking any fluid but I have a dr's appointment next week so will ask. But bub has dropped in the last day or two.