+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3year old Kindy WA

Hi all,
    Sorry of this is not the appropriate place to post this, I wasn't sure.

Just after some info about 3yr old Kindy in WA. How does the schooling year go? As in if DD born in September can she start Kindy the year she turns 3 or does she have to wait until the year after?
    Also is 3yr old Kindy mandatory?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi - school years for age go Jan to June etc. So your DD will have to go after she turns three.

My DD did 3 kindy last year - her birthday is April so was just under 3 when she started and goes to "proper kindy" this year.

My DS is August so did kindy last year at 4.5 years and is in preprimary this year.

Crazy they they are nearly two years apart but only a year apart at school.

3yr old kindy is not mandatory, neither is "proper" kindy.... but my DD LOVED going.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    She will start when she is 4

Kindy is not currently compulsory is WA.. from a Teachers perspective though I would recommend it
    Last edited by Mallie; 24-04-2012 at 22:14. Reason: adding info

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to be 3 or turning 3 shortly after enrolling for 3 year old kindy. So your daughter would start in the Jan after turning 3 because the cut off is end of June.

My boys start term 3 this year, as they are turning 3 midway through this term in May.
    Its not compulsary, neither is 4 year old kindy, but Pre Primary is (I think or its about to be). Its highly recommended to go to Kindy and above. The 3 year old program is a bonus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know or have any feedback on Conon Road Kindy in Manning or St Josephs in Queens Park? We live in Vic Park & are looking for a an actual 3 year old kindy for 2013 (not daycare/childcare centre etc) but most of the private schools ie Ursula Frayne etc only do 4 year old kindy. Any advice please?