+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Getting sued over tennis?!

What does everybody think regarding the story that has come out on the news where the 2 schoolgirls were playing tennis and one got injured.... and the other is getting sued? I hope they don't start banning things like tennis because of this..

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry I wouldn't have a clue how to link the article.... im a bit hopeless in that aspect. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was from yesterday I think but am on the phone so can't add links.

Honestly, media beat-up anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is this the story you were talking about??
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/...school-injury/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamtam that's the one. There have been a few reports on this. Another report claims bullying was a factor which pushed the parents to take this action. I think the whole thing is a media beat-up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Idiotic. But you know it's illegal to shoot stupid people. So what can you do... Grin and bare it I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crazy. I only just heard about it... Being a teacher and being an ex somerset college student!!!
    I tell my kids in my class, if you play sport you are probably going to get hit with a ball sooner or later!!! The stories are never the whole truth are they!

Though I'd have to say... (in terms of bullying) She would have to be a pretty good player at that age to have so much control over the ball to return it with the force and accuracy to hit her eye.
    Next thing sports will be banned at school.
    What has the world come to!!!???
    Last edited by Tamtam; 24-04-2012 at 18:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Crazy. I only just heard about it... Being a teacher and being an ex somerset college student!!!
    I tell my kids in my class, if you play sport you are probably going to get hit with a ball sooner or later!!! The stories are never the whole truth are they!

Though I'd have to say... (in terms of bullying) She would have to be a pretty good player at that age to have so much control over the ball to return it with the force and accuracy to hit her eye.
    Next thing sports will be banned at school.
    What has the world come to!!!???
    From what I could gather on the bullying stance is that the hit was unintentional, but the girl's parents saw it as an opportunity to take action.

Other reports claimed the 13yo decided on her own to take legal action against the other 13yo despite claims that they are best friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    From what I could gather on the bullying stance is that the hit was unintentional, but the girl's parents saw it as an opportunity to take action.

Other reports claimed the 13yo decided on her own to take legal action against the other 13yo despite claims that they are best friends.
    Oh what a mess. School shouldn't be like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is not surprising as this has been happening for some time on the football fields. If the player is attacked while playing sport not in the scope of the game then it can lead to poloce being called in. If a person is injured requiring treatment like in the case of the footballer who was punched and his jaw broken then the attacker would have to be charged for the person to gain compensation. Well that's how I thought it worked anyway. In some cases it might seem frivolous but if the injury was substantial then it would make a difference to the persons life and that is not fair just because they were trying to play sport.