+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I don't believe they would end his employment at the company if he doesn't take this opportunity, it's not worthy enough and I know that if you are on probation they can end it with no reason but that comes at a massive financial and resources loss on their part, over something so tiny.
    I'd have your DH approach his manager/boss and explain the situation, and tell him that he is interested in future opportunities but due to the timing of this particular trip he will have to decline this offer.
    They won't terminate his job, probation or not. They have spent time in recruiting him, and no doubt training him, to terminate his job would mean it was all for nothing, and good companies just don't do that because it goes against their policies.

HTH
    I work in HR and agree with this. You can't really just end probation without a reason despite many people believing that... He clearly doesn't have any performance issues so they would not be thinking of terminating him because of this, believe me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I work in HR and agree with this. You can't really just end probation without a reason despite many people believing that... He clearly doesn't have any performance issues so they would not be thinking of terminating him because of this, believe me!
    Hehe I'm studying HR so it's good to know something is registering in my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Hehe I'm studying HR so it's good to know something is registering in my head
    Excellent! It's nice when hard work pays off. HR is great although I had two real s**t storms come up today. Sigh. That's the joy of working with people!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    the only other person that does exactly what df does work on tassie… so his roll is a completely new one for this area... if he were to go... id have support from my family and my best friend... and I know that one of my sister, parents or fil would be willing to look after my daughter... if I did go into labour while he was away... but it isn't the same as having your partner there... I was really sick after dd was born... lost a lot of blood and passed out and was pretty sick afterwards aswell and relied a lot on my partner and family for support and help... and I have feeling it will be similar this time around.... the idea of him missing the birth and not being here freaks me out big time!!! I think when he gets home we will have a chat about things and he can talk to his boss and see what they think.... if he went earlier, say the month before... then I wouldn't worry as much... I think we might need to sit on this one for a bit....
    U seem really uncomfortable about the idea of ur DH not being there so I think he should have a chat with his boss and explain the situation. U don't want to be anxious during and around the time u have to give birth. I'm sure they will understand... Tough one!