+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 4 mo normal behaviour?

DD is just over 4 months now and this last week has changed a bit. I am finding it really hard to get her down for naps during the day. She's a bit more grizzly than normal. Still sleeps through the night going down by 8 usually and up from 4am.

I do struggle with supply issues and need to really work at keeping the feeds up so as to maintain it. Lately, she is also not as keen to just keep sucking. She has even taken to biting me sometimes when I try to feed her to slip in an extra feed. I assume she doesn't want it. She also gets frustrated when there is not a lot of milk there immediately like in the mornings when it's really full and pulls away.

She may be teething but can't see anything in the mouth that would indicate to me that a tooth is imminent but does drool heaps now and enjoys chewing things.

I worry that I am not satisfying her and as she's a bit older now is able to protest more or needs more. What do you think? She does have wet nappies just not soaking wet like they used to be also most signs makes me think she's probably getting enough most days. Your thoughts are appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, no real advice but my DD completely changed sleeping habbits at 3.5 months and have heard it's common. It became impossible yo put her to sleep and she was sleeping 5/6 hour blocks now it's more like an hour at a time lol she was feeding once in the night now can feed 5/6/7 times and she's just past 5 months now.

Also the other things you are describing do sound like teething.
    Teething can last a long time so doesn't mean it's not happening if you can't see a tooth.

If your dd has wet nappies and appears healthy and well I would say it's not your milk

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

Little_P  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    It does sound like the teeth are moving around and that you have enough milk. Have you though about adding solids in. It could be that she is needing more then your milk is giving. I started solids at 4 months with both my children. Just a though that may be what she is after. If she want to chew things give her a cool damp face washer if it is her teeth it may help. Otherwise I have no more suggestions.

Hope it gets better soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2bubba For This Useful Post:

Little_P  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google 'Wonder weeks'.

DS had a very unsettled week or two around this time which lead to me finding out about wonder weeks.

Harder to settle to sleep, fussy to feed, crying a lot more in general = all classic signs of a wonder week.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

Little_P  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bubba View Post
    Hi
    Have you though about adding solids in. It could be that she is needing more then your milk is giving. I started solids at 4 months with both my children.
    Funny you say this. DH just gave her some mash from our dinner and she ate it the other night. No tongue thrusting or anything. Straight in and swallowed. I was really surprised as the boys were not even close at this age and DS1 was thrusting food out when we tried right on 6 mo. We did BLW with DS2 so will start her soon too I think. She is a big girl - 90th percentile - so I was toying with the idea that she may need something more. thanks all