I have an Australian friend living over in Hong Kong who I've been wanting to visit for a while.
The only way we could afford it at the moment is if I go with the kids and don't take DH. He'd be fine with that as his work is taking the office on a ski trip to NZ in a few months.
Obviously I'd prefer to have him there but it would be years away as we're taking a family holiday next year then planning to start TTC #3 as soon as we return.
If I went it would be for about 5 nights - not a long trip.
- I'd get to see my beautiful friend and travel, which I love
- I could base the majority of sightseeing around child friendly things
- though we wouldn't be staying with my friend she could be a guide and help out with potentially difficult things like navigating the airport with two young kids.
- after spending most of my pregnancy with DS2 on bedrest I would love to get out!!
- DS2 is fairly easygoing as long as he's being held the majority of the time so I could wear him for the most part
- DS1 can be very spirited at times (other times very chilled out and helpful) so if it was one of those weeks the potential for chaos is high
- I'm not sure how easy it would be navigating hong kong by myself with two kids.
- we have food allergies and DS1 can be fussy so eating out would be difficult.
- Practically it would make more sense to save money rather than spend it at the moment as our recent couch purchase came out of my savings. DH would be happy to put money towards me going but the majority would come out of savings.
- my mother, who panics when I so much as attempt woolies with two kids, would likely freak out and make my life stressful before I go