View Poll Results: Does your partner listen to you?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he/she does! :-)

14 70.00%
  • No, he/she doesn't. :-(

4 20.00%
  • Who cares! I'm single!!

2 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you feel your partner listens to you?

As the title says, do you feel listened to in your relationship?

And if not, can you think of ways that this situation could improve? Either by you doing something, your partner doing something or a joint effort?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nah he doesn't listen to me at all!

I've tried a few times to have a conversation with him and ask him to make more of an effort to be a more considerate husband and father. The conversations always go my way.. He never argues, he always says he'll try harder, he never disputes the fact that I do all the work and that he needs to help me more... but once the conversations over nothing changes. *shrugs* not sure what more I can do really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, he listens to me. He may not always get what i'm going on about but he always hears me out and tries to understand/offer solutions.
    We are very open and honest with other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think he is not listening... but really he is just pretending he is not listening...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband listens, he just doesn't take it in. He can almost always tell me word for word what I've said, he just doesn't act on what I say.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Nah he doesn't listen to me at all!

I've tried a few times to have a conversation with him and ask him to make more of an effort to be a more considerate husband and father. The conversations always go my way.. He never argues, he always says he'll try harder, he never disputes the fact that I do all the work and that he needs to help me more... but once the conversations over nothing changes. *shrugs* not sure what more I can do really.
    Just wanted to say I could have written this post! How frustrating is it!! Sometimes I feel like i'm banging my head on a brick wall.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just added a poll to this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He listens, but whether it registers I dunno.
    Lol, it depends on HOW I communicate with him that will depend on whether things get resolved/worked on. I find talking through text works for us, coz I don't get too emotional (well my emotion doesn't get in the way) and I can convey my message more appropriately, and he can listen and 'get me' easier when I'm not crying the whole time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sometimes.

I don't think he does all the time, or he just hears part of it and assumes he knows what's coming and tunes out. It really bugs me because I think he thinks that "it's all Stacey's mental health issues..." and just blames everything on that... and even if it is because of mental health, it makes it no less of a real issue TO ME... so I had it getting fobbed off for that.

I think he listens, but just doesn't GET me... so doesn't really understand hte point of what I'm saying... so the message is lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never. He just isn't capable.