+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On a plane ticket you are allocated a seat for the journey. On bus, train etc etc you pay to board. If someone takes up half of my allocated seat I will say something discreetly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Should the same rules apply for trains and buses as well? I am sitting on an empty bus right now and i go over the one seat, a little bit on the second seat.
    If the bus fills up and you want to continue using somebody else's seat, then IMO yes you should have purchased a second ticket.
    Even pushbikes on trains in peak hours (Cityrail) have to have a paid ticket (concessional rate) because they use up space that could otherwise be occupied by a person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are no discounts for not filling your seat, similarly there should be no extra charge for over filling your seat.

IMO you pay to be seated on the plane, not per square cm filled.

A size 6 pair of jeans cost the same as the size 16, even though the size 16 probably required double the fabric. The same should go for this issue. All it would require is the airlines leaving a few spare seats each flight.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (25-04-2012),SassyMummy  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    There are no discounts for not filling your seat, similarly there should be no extra charge for over filling your seat.

IMO you pay to be seated on the plane, not per square cm filled.

A size 6 pair of jeans cost the same as the size 16, even though the size 16 probably required double the fabric. The same should go for this issue. All it would require is the airlines leaving a few spare seats each flight.
    Not always true..bigger bras cost more money..they use more fabric..

Look someone sitting half on me for a 12 hr flight..that is crap!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Not always true..bigger bras cost more money..they use more fabric
    I've never seen this within the same brand and style, if it does occur its not the norm.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-04-2012),SassyMummy  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What this man did is totally awful. A more tactful way to deal with the situation would be quietly ask a flight attendant if he himself could change seats.

I can appreciate it would be uncomfortable. And I would hope if there is a spare seat that someone could move.

As for offering bugger seats or making someone purchase more than one seat if required etc I dont know where I stand (sit) with that. I can see both sides. There are some people who simply will not fit into a regular plane seat and it would be unfair if not impossible for the passengers next to them.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never seen this within the same brand and style, if it does occur its not the norm.
    In my experience the cheap bras (eg Target, BigW) simply aren't made in the larger sizes (i.e. above C cup), so you must buy an expensive bra if you want one. The expensive range is available in smaller sizes at the same price, but the cheap range is not available to larger sizes.

So to transfer the bra example across to airplanes, first class with wider seats would be available to people of all sizes, but economy class would only be available to small people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    In my experience the cheap bras (eg Target, BigW) simply aren't made in the larger sizes (i.e. above C cup), so you must buy an expensive bra if you want one. The expensive range is available in smaller sizes at the same price, but the cheap range is not available to larger sizes.

So to transfer the bra example across to airplanes, first class with wider seats would be available to people of all sizes, but economy class would only be available to small people.
    I wear a size 12 women's shoe. Cheap shoes are not made in my size. I have no option but to buy expensive shoes. Doesn't mean that's the way it should be. They should make shoes in my size.

Anyway it's like comparing apples and oranges. The point is as I made it, the size 6 jeans use half the fabric of the size 16 yet cost the same amount, the business balances out the cost, as airlines should too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post

Omg the bra thing annoys me. Because either you can only buy a totally plain bra for between $40-60 as a most basic everyday bra. But if you want a bra with a pattern or anything thats not a gross granny bra its going to cost $80+

(though one time at a dfo I scored a name brand bra - brain is failing me what it was but normally $80+ type bra for $20 in a 12E/F I nearly wept for joy. Haha)

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to think..but yes I have seen the price go up for the larger size..same style same brand..Triumph "Embroided Minimizer " $59.95 D cup to F cup .."Embroided Minimizer plus G cup to H $79.95 (exactly the same bra). I have worked in the lingerie industry ..many customers would get very annoyed at paying more for the larger size..
    Last edited by Maybelline; 25-04-2012 at 09:31.