+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Blame the shops for making the aisles too close lol
    blame the pram designers for creating monster truck prams!!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'm not sure which thread I find more amusing. This one or the twirling in the supermarket one.

You get rude people everywhere, but in my experience they are *far* outnumbered by polite smiley friendly people so its not going to upset my day

Like the lovely woman who insisted on paying for my dd2's ride the other day 'for the sake of her grand-niece'. Just a totally random stranger who picked us for some reason, she really brightened my day.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (24-04-2012),SugarSkull  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was in rivers one day with DD in her special needs stroller. A lady chucked the ****s at me and yelled at me for having DD in the store. She was swearing and everything. So glad i stood up for myself, and a lot of other shoppers came up to me to comfort me. Some people obviously hate prams/strollers??

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the pram really doesn't fit in the aisle because it's big, I don't mind and I'm happy to walk the other direction or go into that aisle when that person leaves. If they have a pram like the mountain buggy's and there's room for another person to pass by then that ticks me off. I just think that the person is a selfish, stuck up person who thinks they're more important than anybody else.
    I make sure I move my pram to allow other people through when I can so I'd expect others to do the same. It's common courtesy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They honestly may not have noticed you! And if they're elderly they may not have great hearing. My father is completely deaf in one ear and if you're on the wrong side of him he simply can't hear. Clipping his ankle as you pass in pay back would be really mean, and with an older person can be dangerous. My point is you don't know someone else's circumstances so try not to take it too personally if they don't jump out the way of your pram.

I just say 'excuse me' in a friendly voice, and if they don't move, I make sure they can see me (might move to the side, make eye contact and say 'excuse me, can I get through please?) and that does the trick.

If they were someone who was really, really weird and actually looked at me and said 'no' as if looking for an argument then I'd just go a different way. So not worth fighting about. (And shopping centre fights are not a good look). Honestly, life's too short to worry about stuff like this.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-04-2012),tea&toast  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Personally i hate when people block walk ways in groups to have convos, and it has nothing to do with havng a pram or otherwise. Move to the blardy side ffs!
    Oh yes, people like this make me stabby.

It's like, really? You REALLY need to stop right here in this busy walkway to have your annual catch-up with someone you haven't seen in a while? You cannot just move to the side?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes! Or you're pushing the pram along and someone will walk straight across in front of the pram!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Personally i hate when people block walk ways in groups to have convos, and it has nothing to do with havng a pram or otherwise. Move to the blardy side ffs!
    I hate that too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    . Once or twice the person has still ignored me so i've barged past and hit their ankle with the stroller... ''oops, sorry didn't see you there''... funny how they hear you then.
    Not sure ramming someone is the best idea.
    I have been pushing a pram for the last seven years, in this time I have come across a few inconsiderate idiots. I find being polite actually works a whole lot better than being aggressive.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrAins For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (24-04-2012),SassyMummy  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Yes, this! It's funny because I noticed with Dd and now with this pregnancy, I can basically part the sea with my belly ie the crowds just seem to move out of my big belly's way. But as soon as that baby is out of you belly and in a pram, BAM 2nd class citizen. Even old ppl shove in front of you assuming you'll be slow (which is strange because in reality I'm much faster with baby in pram vs baby in belly!).
    Wow, people are considerate of a pregnant woman? We obviously don't live in the same area!