+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default People with prams in shops

I have noticed sometimes when I am at Big W, Target, K-Mart etc that when you're trying to get past someone with your stroller, they pretend they can't see you and just keep standing in the middle of the aisle. Does anyone else find this happens to them? I find it irritating and just loudly say ''excuse me''! and then they eventually move. Once or twice the person has still ignored me so i've barged past and hit their ankle with the stroller... ''oops, sorry didn't see you there''... funny how they hear you then.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

jade84  (24-04-2012),Maybelline  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha ha! I think this is me!
    If you can imagine having 3 hours of sleep a night, and then two children screaming at you most of the day, you get pretty good at blocking out the noise/ presence of other people in Big W!
    Why don't you just go down a different isle, that's what I do!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

tea&toast  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol, I normally do, sometimes what I really need to see is in that particular aisle.. Yesterday I was in coles with my ds in the trolley (in the little seat) and a lady had her shopping trolley actually across the aisle, and i had to get past so i waited, and she saw me and ignored me, then i said excuse me, and she still looked at me and ignored me, so i just moved her trolley myself.. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    If you can imagine having 3 hours of sleep a night, and then two children screaming at you most of the day, you get pretty good at blocking out the noise/ presence of other people in Big W!

I don't think you should have to go down a different isle..saying "Excuse me can I please pop through"..should be enough ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Lol, this is me. I'm in half awake mode, ignoring the world, trying to remember where I am and what I'm looking for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your all in "half awake mode trying to ignore the world"..I sure hope you don't get in a car!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (24-04-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a theory that the second you step behind a pram and start pushing you instantly are regarded as, at best, a nuisance and at worst, a second class citizen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I have a theory that the second you step behind a pram and start pushing you instantly are regarded as, at best, a nuisance and at worst, a second class citizen.
    Yes, this! It's funny because I noticed with Dd and now with this pregnancy, I can basically part the sea with my belly ie the crowds just seem to move out of my big belly's way. But as soon as that baby is out of you belly and in a pram, BAM 2nd class citizen. Even old ppl shove in front of you assuming you'll be slow (which is strange because in reality I'm much faster with baby in pram vs baby in belly!).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (24-04-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely bada. I was constantly amazed at the people who would just walk across in front of me when I was pushing the pram with one hand and holding a screaming baby in the other.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate when they're pushing a pram, see something they want to look at down a side aisle, so walk towards the aisle but swing their pram out sideways so it blocks the main walkway like a dam.

Annoys me as much as when people suddenly stop and turn around with no warning. They don't check over their shoulder before they spin around and walk in the opposite direction. How many times they've knocked into me and given ME a dirty look and an "Excuuuuseeee me!"