+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh, and it is illegal to kill snakes as they are classified as native wildlife.

and that is generally how most people get bitten.....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (30-12-2012),shellfisch  (01-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    oh, and it is illegal to kill snakes as they are classified as native wildlife.

and that is generally how most people get bitten.....
    ^^^ so true!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieBug For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD came in one day with a dead female funnel web in her hand.... I nearly died not realising it was dead untill I swatted it out of her hand our neighbour who collects funnel webs for the anti venom confirmed it was a funnel web) now I try and tell DD no touching when we see spiders of any kind..

We have had some snakes too. A 2.5 metre diamond python hangs around between our neighbours and us, it freaks me out but we live in National Park so I need to get used to it. We have had brown snakes in our garden too but I'm sure there's lots we haven't seen! I would freak out if I found a snake or deadly spider in the house!

I always check outside before letting DD out and she is never allowed in the garden unless we are with her.

I guess I just can't wait untill she is old enough to understand danger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave spiders alone if they are not disturbing me, if they are running across the floor they get squashed!

We have HEAPS of red backs (luckily confined to garage and shed!) and we get lest control in to spray!

I am petrified of snakes and could not give a shiz what the law is, they die!!!! (clearly not at the hands of me!)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Danigail  (25-04-2012),HarvestMoon  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Snakes and spiders

My bub isn't born yet but my beagles have killed 4 snakes poor little reptiles.

We are waiting to move and buying a python. I'm not scared. Spiders on other hand ewww. Every 6 months I do those bug bomb things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In our old house we had redbacks galore ! When cleaning a little tyke slide once I turned it upside down and my finger was about a cm away from the biggest fattest red back ever , had a body like a marble. I squished it and any others I found , I let huntsmen live! Snakes , I have never met one except the other day I saw the whip of a tail go under our deck but it may if been a blue tongue . I hate spiders and interested in snakes but don't want them near me .... My biggest worry is bull ants though we seem to have a few in our house. !

Thanks
    Reviews

Never knew that about the geckos but we have heaps here and have never seen a redback.
    We live on a property and haven't seen a snake yet thank god.
    My Mum is a member of the Native Animal Trust Fund and works at the local wildlife park.
    She's repeatedly told me to call if there is a snake as they do rescues and it's illegal to kill them, I have repeatedly told her we'll be whipping out the .22 Hate them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Snakes and spiders

We have loads of both. Im on the sunny coast, right next to cane land, a park and backing onto a creek just down the road. We have red bellied blacks, browns, pythons, death adders, tree snakes, the works. I dont know what well do when dd is older. Loads redbacks in the house too. So much so that last year i i ported a couple of geckos inside... It worked til the cat got them lol.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Catkin For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Snakes and spiders

Oh, one time we had a family of tiny just hatched brown wriggle across our doormat. They were actually very cute. Unfortunately FiL who was a cane farmer saw them.... Nough said.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Catkin For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't like spiders but refuse to kill one! I am with a PP and say let nature do its thing, if I saw a snake I would call a handler, I am no match for the snake and quite honestly I would rather not deal with it lol