+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Spiders normally get left alone unless we recognize them as dangerous (very rare) Oh cobwebs get removed etc...

Snakes, well I can't say what we do In saying that we mostly get king brown and the odd whip. The most seen in one day was 5 whips on the metre square concrete square outside the front door. It was the only dry area in the yard.

We keep the grass short, no piles of stuff near the house etc.. All the kids know to scream snake if they see one and we will come running. I never allow my kids to touch snake on display place as our rule it too dam hard to tell what is a safe snake and what isn't so we just don't touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I kill all spider, im scared to death of them, i literally start shaking and crying if i see one, so they need to be dead.

snakes we have seen one but only a green snake. but we have taught the kids (more ds5) that he needs to tell us and grab his sister and run away. but me or dh is always inthe yard with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Spiders don't bother me so I tend to leave them alone. The kids are terrified of them though so DS likes to get out the bug spray.

We haven't encountered any snakes where we are living thankfully as i'm absolutely terrified. When I do see one I tend to just freeze, bawl my eyes, then have a massive panic attack...lol
    If I wasn't so affraid of them I would kill them... Couldn't care less that its illegal. They are freakishly, revolting creatures.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in Qld.. The asian gecko is taking over up here! Have loved here near brissie for 22 years and only ever seen one redback

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    We're in Qld.. The asian gecko is taking over up here! Have loved here near brissie for 22 years and only ever seen one redback

I don't think I've ever seen a red back in real life. But I've seen plenty of geckos.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Spiders die if I find them. Dh traps and releases them. A couple of months back I decided I would do that too, so I trapped one I found in the kitchen - only to discover it was a redback (trapped in a screwtop jar). Emptied half a can of spray on top of it

So I'm back to killing all spiders again

Snakes - never seen one around here (Melbourne). I'd freak if I did cos I grew up totally snake free

When we bought our first house the previous owners left a kennel in the garden, and I broke it up one day for the hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joc84 View Post
    Just FYI it's actually illegal to kill snakes in Australia..
    What about spiders? Illegal to kill them too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are there lots of snakes and spiders in north sydney suburbs? We will be moving there soon and I never seen snakes ever except for in the zoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Danigail View Post
    Are there lots of snakes and spiders in north sydney suburbs? We will be moving there soon and I never seen snakes ever except for in the zoo.
    There are snakes and spiders found in almost every part of australia...
    Wether you see any depends on exactly where you live... We live on acreage with lots of bush in brissie so yes we have loads of spiders and snakes... But 3 km down the road you'll find hardly any snakes ever! (as it's all residential there)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we have 25 acres of bush. lots of dugites, pythons, brown snakes. i just leave them (sometimes have to spray them with a hose) or just pick up the pythons and move them.

lots of spiders too but i leave them alone. only ones to worry about are redbacks here but we have lots of daddy long legs to take care of them. i hate killing anything......think it's best to let nature keep the balance rather than spraying chemicals.

imo chemicals are far worse!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (25-04-2012),Tildy  (29-12-2012)