+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default *spin off*- teacher parent relationships

I was derailing the other thread so i thought I'd better spin off. WDYT about teachers dating/sleeping with (single) parents? I think it's nobody's business. As I said in he other thread, it's no more a conflict of interest than a teacher who is also a parent. Also, if a teacher sleeps around, that is their business, not their employers or the parents of their students. Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Meh!
    As long as they keep it professional and don't favour their love interest's child then I couldn't care less!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the teacher is say sleeping with one of his students mum..I think that's a bit crap for the kid ..
    If the teacher is sleeping around with lots of diff people..I would think less of the teacher..as a person that is..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that it is a conflict of interest, I'd feel that objectivity towards a child could be clouded in the case of a relationship.
    I also don't necessarily agree with teachers having their children at the school in which they work, and would never do it personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I am a beginning teacher.

I know that some people probably could remain objective, myself included, but I would rather not put myself in that position.

Personal choice I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other thread was talking about casual sex. A teacher sleeping with various parents is worse than a parent sleeping with various teachers *to me*. It was in response to one person's post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    The other thread was talking about casual sex. A teacher sleeping with various parents is worse than a parent sleeping with various teachers *to me*. It was in response to one person's post.
    Sure, that's why I did a spin off, I was interested in what others thoughts were.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    If the teacher is say sleeping with one of his students mum..I think that's a bit crap for the kid ..
    If the teacher is sleeping around with lots of diff people..I would think less of the teacher..as a person that is..
    Do you think less.of anyone who sleeps around or more particularly teachers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Sounds like a juicy thread LOL

I don't care either way. I've also known teachers to date exstudents (started dating after finishing school though) I find that a bit more shocking but more common than you would think ...
    My mum was telling me about a lot of teachers from high school who married her classmates (we went to the same school and had many of the same teachers).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Do you think less.of anyone who sleeps around or more particularly teachers?

probably more particularly teachers..I guess I would hope they had better standards..