+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Needing some assistance in WA

Hi All,
    We are looking for a some help from someone special to give us the gift of life.

This is our story: we are a married couple from the Kimberley and we have been trying for almost 6 years now to get pregnant with no joy. We have been married for nearly 12 years and have two very precious (and spoiled) dogs and would really like to have a bouncing baby to make our family complete. During 2009 I had one of my fallopian tubes removed and discovered the other was blocked. At this time we were advised that IVF was our only option.

We headed into IVF straight away but from our first cycle we did not get very good results. Our first two cycles we made it to egg pick-up but did not have any embryos to transfer. My embryos seem to stop dividing after they get to 4 cells. After cycle two where we only got 1 egg, we had some further tests done and found out I had another problem to add to the list. I have a low ovarian reserve which means our likelihood of falling pregnant with my own eggs is very slim. We did not give up hope and have since done a further two cycles of our own prior to 2 egg donation cycles in South Africa. Unfortunately we still have not got that BFP.

We moved to the Kimberley in early 2011 and cannot think of a more wonderful place to have a family. We would travel to Perth for any donations.

If you feel you can help us then please PM me. All travel & medical expenses will be reimbursed.

Thanks for taking the time to read our story.
    Last edited by Brindo10; 23-04-2012 at 22:54. Reason: Typo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brindo10 For This Useful Post:

Aquarius81  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your search, I hear the Kimberlies are beautiful! Where have you been going to get to a clinic?

I hope you find that someone special soon.

Megan

Thanks
    Reviews
    can i suggest you put up your ad on Egg Donation Australia? Its free and its run by donors and mothers who have gone through IVF with donor eggs and have 40% donors and potential donors on board. It is a very informative and supportive site for egg donation and infertility matters whilst this site has alot more sections to read once you are pregnant etc - just a suggestion of another option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Megan,
    Since moving to the Kimberely we have liaised with a clinic in Perth who were the ones that recommended South Africa for egg donation. If we were to connect with an Australian donor we would go with the same Perth clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the Pilbara, the travel to Perth can make you feel like you're so far from anywhere can't it? But you are right, northern WA is an awesome place to raise kids (this is from another QLD'er too lol). Do you get any support through PATS to travel to Perth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried to get PATS once and it was all too hard. Fortunately we often get flights with work back to Perth