Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    I don't agree with this. Little kids don't pack their own lunches!
    My kids do pack their own lunch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've been planning on starting a thread on this very subject! DS's pre school is the lunchbox police too! I had... wait for it... an uncle toby's muesli bar sent home the only things they are allowed to have is sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit, cut up carrots and cheese. That gets pretty boring.

Now this really p*sses me off. I feed my children nutritious food. They are healthy and happy. I'm the parent last I checked. Now if I sent a lunchbox with a cold cheeseburger, a bag of chips and a chocolate bar, then I could understand it. What's worse is they won't let the child eat it! so if your lunch doesn't fall within their rigid (and imo completely OTT) rules the child goes without. and *gasp* I actually send DD to school with an LCM every once in a while alongside her fruit, multi grain sanger and yoghurt or the dreaded muesli bar lol Heaven forbid!

Talk about a nanny state
    Last edited by delirium; 23-04-2012 at 21:24. Reason: typo...why don't I ever proof read?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bell&bug, can you send yoghurt in a plastic container? If not, that's crazy. My son likes jalna vanilla, so we just send a small plastic container which gets washed and reused.

I think they should send notes to parents, not take it up with the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did they send home a note saying this would be happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    and I send homemade yoghurt in a little container with a screw lid so it doesn't leak and a plastic disposable spoon.I caved this week and bought some of those pouch ones bc DD likes them, but Esi Yo or Jalna is the choice in our house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I disagree with what happened! I feel for your child I also think what was in your child's lunch box was fine!

If they have issues with what is in lunch boxes send a letter home, put it in the newsletter. Something that is directed where it should be.

My child's lunch box would have failed today. I ran out of time *cringes* so they had no fresh fruit today at all. Does not help that the food usually comes home anyway. My kids like their fruit straight out of the fridge. I have use the freezer bricks and they don't eat it.

My oldest packs most of her own lunch (with help). She won't eat a sandwich, so takes a tin of tuna or salmon. Where as my youngest won't touch those, so has a Vegemite sandwich.

This reminds me of my daughters teacher who takes a point of the table if they need to go to the toilet. A poor child in the class did a poo in his pants because he did not want to loose the point. Made me mad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I may regret this... But do these schools you're talking about have a healthy eating policy? Something that was shown to you at enrollment interviews and you signed and agreed to (like a homework or uniform policy)?? If not, you can and should send whatever you like!!

I'm a teacher and I've worked in a school in London with a policy. No packaged food was allowed. But within reason. Any homemade snacks were fine and healthy things like yogurts etc. I didn't make the rules though! I was instructed to confiscate chips, chocolate, lollies etc.

At my current school we encourage healthy snacks/lunch but don't police it. We do police the kids actually eating their food before playing though!!

Funny someone mentioned a cold cheeseburger!! I've had a kid come to school with a cold whopper and fries for lunch!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    My little man (prep) came home upset because he got told off for having a 100% apple juice popper in his lunchbox. . Apparently they are allowed water only (no milk either).

I get the healthy eating, but there is taking things too far.
    Oh wow, i either send water or milk in a little pop top bottle for lunch. I would be devo for him if he wasnt allowed something different to drink at times.

Feeling rather grateful i havent come across such a thing as of yet.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I've been planning on starting a thread on this very subject! DS's pre school is the lunchbox police too! I had... wait for it... an uncle toby's muesli bar sent home the only things they are allowed to have is sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit, cut up carrots and cheese. That gets pretty boring.

Now this really p*sses me off. I feed my children nutritious food. They are healthy and happy. I'm the parent last I checked. Now if I sent a lunchbox wthl a cold cheeseburger, a bag of chips and a chocolate bar, then I could understand it. What's worse is they won't let the child eat it! so if your lunch doesn't fall within their rigid (and imo completely OTT) rules the child goes without. and *gasp* I actually send DD to school with an LCM every once in a while alongside her fruit, multi grain sanger and yoghurt or the dreaded muesli bar lol Heaven forbid!

Talk about a nanny state
    Sounds exactly like DDs class!! I say class coz Thermolicious sends her son to the same school but seemingly doesn't have the same food restrictions in his class.
    Not sure about yogurt in a container, I assume not coz it's similar to the tub of yogurt by the demonstration we were given.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

3boybubs  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    Why the pouch? Aren't kids allowed to make a mess either? My DD wouldn't eat yoghurt like that ... she'd rather jump on the pouch to see how far she can spread the yoghurt. :s
    Is it bad, that I as an adult look at those pouches and feel the urge to do this?