Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    B&B u missed the yoghurt bit that was my fav part!
    Of course!!
    Can't take yogurt in a tub, can't take yogurt in like a plastic wrapper (you know like gogurts) it HAS to be in a pouch (like the rafferties garden baby food style pouches with the plastic spout) so pretty much sugar loaded and preservatives - no doubt. So I guess home made yogurt is out. (Which kind of goes against their 'healthy' guidelines coz of the sugar content how ridiculous)

No, seriously, the teacher came out and bundled all the parents together and told us with demonstration.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My little man (prep) came home upset because he got told off for having a 100% apple juice popper in his lunchbox. . Apparently they are allowed water only (no milk either).

I get the healthy eating, but there is taking things too far.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Of course!!
    Can't take yogurt in a tub, can't take yogurt in like a plastic wrapper (you know like gogurts) it HAS to be in a pouch (like the rafferties garden baby food style pouches with the plastic spout) so pretty much sugar loaded and preservatives - no doubt. So I guess home made yogurt is out. (Which kind of goes against their 'healthy' guidelines coz of the sugar content how ridiculous)

No, seriously, the teacher came out and bundled all the parents together and told us with demonstration.
    Why the pouch? Aren't kids allowed to make a mess either? My DD wouldn't eat yoghurt like that ... she'd rather jump on the pouch to see how far she can spread the yoghurt. :s

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

BarefootedMumma  (24-04-2012),headoverfeet  (23-04-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    Whilst i think that the idea behind monitoring what children are given to eat for lunch is great
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with this, teachers are there to teach, by all means teach and explain what is healthy and unhealthy but tell my child they can not have what I have given them for lunch? Thats not your job, I'm sorry to any teachers on here but its not and I'm sure most teachers would rather eat their own lunch and relax while kids are having lunch, teaching can be stressful enough with out risking an angry parent because if something like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i think that is rediculous!

I would argue back with that, i believe everything OK in moderation and if they turned away home cooked food, i would wig out.

At the moment, i am so pushed for time and over stressed...he does get one of those giant tiny teddy biscuits and a shop bought yoghurt...plus 2 bits of fruit, wholemeal roll with cheese and jam, a homemade muffin and another snack of some description.

In our school...in Prep the kids would get bonus house points for having "brown bread" and for having 2 bits of fruit. But they were not "penalised". However, no mention was ever made of treats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    Why the pouch? Aren't kids allowed to make a mess either? My DD wouldn't eat yoghurt like that ... she'd rather jump on the pouch to see how far she can spread the yoghurt. :s
    Bingo. Tubs are too messy (coz, you know, kindy kids are so unco) and the gogurts are too hard for kids to open, so can be too messy, and the pouches are the best coz the kids can open them themselves and can suck the yogurt out. It's ridiculous isn't it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Associating food with punishment/reward is a sure fire path to life long food issues.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (24-04-2012),Cazza1981  (24-04-2012),Deserama  (24-04-2012),Lillynix  (23-04-2012),mim1  (23-04-2012),MissMuppet  (23-04-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (24-04-2012),Yep  (24-04-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    Why the pouch? .. she'd rather jump on the pouch to see how far she can spread the yoghurt. :s
    Now that's my kinda girl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't agree with this. Little kids don't pack their own lunches! I am a teacher and if I am on playground duty I will encourage children to eat certain foods ( eg "yum an apple!!!! How healthy and yum... Or that salad sandwich looks delis opus- wish I had one!") but would never tell a child their lunch is unhealthy... They could get a complex

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids school doesn't allow anything but water in the lunch box and no LCMs but the canteen has flavoured milk drinks and poppers on their lunch menu??