+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh what's this trial? I've not been told anything about it!! Also the nurses are really great there for sure tho I've not had them calling meJus to see how I am! (only after transfers or bfn- but that counts heaps to kkow they care enough to even bother asking. I emailed CFC 3 days ago as we have 5 frostes there and I want asMuch info about them as I can before we discard them and move into another stim with Genea(#2 stim,1fet with them) and CFC hasn't even bothered to reply. It ****s me as they are OURS!!! It was this lack of care that led us to pursuing other clinics ad hence Genea we did get a bfp first time but ended in missed m/c at 8wks Simone has told me that the frozen embryos are not where they should be for when they were frozen so we are inclined to let them go ( Anyway you're right the money is back quite quickly. It's just having the intial money to be able to go ahead. I guess sometimes u just really need to speak to ppl that actually have been into the place and seen the doctorsYour asking about!! You ladies are so amazing now I'm thinking about how can we find the money for stim #4 and lets get This bfp for our #2. It's been 18months ttc #2 so guess it gets harder each time. I know there are women doing it more and still have no baby in there arms and honestly I take my hat off to them it takes a special kind of woman to have that courage Ivf is sure anything but fun!!!!! Xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucasmumma For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you move your embies to Genea though? Could they thaw them and try and grow them out a bit more before a FET?

The clinical trial was that 50% of people who participated would get the current solution for the embies and 50% would get the "upgrade" but i think it was a blind trial so you won't know if you got the new one or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we can move them but Simone said their fate had already been sealed by the freezing technique and the medium theyd been grown In so it's a hard call....Interesting we weren't toldAnything about a trial

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasmumma View Post
    Yeah we can move them but Simone said their fate had already been sealed by the freezing technique and the medium theyd been grown In so it's a hard call....Interesting we weren't toldAnything about a trial
    Depends on when you went there as the trial only started in (I think) January this year. I spoke with one of the scientist about it- apparently in the past they would tweak the formula then just use that but new laws mean they must trial it. Hence the trial. What I asked is "the Version 3 media is At Least as Good as the Version 2?" and was told yes and it may be possibly better. I am going to join the trial with the knowledge that 50% get the normal one everyone gets and 50% will get one at least as good but maybe better. So far they have had growth, frosties and implant embs from both versions- so it seems all good.
    I hope you can find the $ and that the next one works. Sorry your other frosties seem likely lost- that must be disappointing. Could you defrost and just give them a go anyway? You know "nothing ventured nothing gained" type cycle? Unless Simone thinks they are somehow damaged that could cause problems for a bub.
    Best of luck all you Canberra ladies! If you see an old lady in the clinic it's probably me! LOL

40tude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks 40tude! U know I've often wondered while sitting in there if anyone is a person I've chatted to o. Here xxMight just defrost them and see but I'll just go with CFC as to do a nothing venture nothing gained cycle would be a lot less $ there than Genea lol