+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Canberrans- is Genea the best there is?

Hi ladies just as the question says. Just wondering if Genea is the absolute best shot there is in Canberra ivf? Not even sure well try again just want as much info as I can get before we make a choice!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My GP recommended Genea- he said based on his patients they have had the best results from Genea.

Oh, and let me add the FS has been outstanding with us- no stone has been left unturned, nothing has been too much trouble, everything was very well explained, additonal medical opinions were sought and arranged for us as we had some complicators- I feel completely at ease.
    I feel if they can't get us a BFP nobody can.

Fortitude
    Last edited by Fortitude; 28-04-2012 at 21:20. Reason: Added something

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did ovulation induction with clomid at Canberra fertility centre for 6 cycles with no success then fell pregnant on first full iui cycle with Genea - both with the same FS. I would highly recommend Genea any day. Their professionalism and support are above and beyond my previous experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm very happy with them. My FS and all the staff are very caring and they really take good care of me. Its easy because they do bloods, epu's, transfers all at the one place. Our FS is great and very thorough. We basically went there because my GP said our FS was excellent, then afterwards we found out that they do have those great success rates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still very happy with Genea and Simone. Genea is organised and I think it is very advanced in it's research. Simone is fantastic and tells it how it is. She has made me cry many times but I'm grateful for that - I wouldn't want to keep trying if there is little chance that it will work.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rittzy View Post
    I'm still very happy with Genea and Simone. Genea is organised and I think it is very advanced in it's research. Simone is fantastic and tells it how it is. She has made me cry many times but I'm grateful for that - I wouldn't want to keep trying if there is little chance that it will work.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you this time.
    Simone rocks! Her level of professionalism and manner are outstanding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I think I will just try and save some more money and try *again!* xoxo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucasmumma For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps I do really like simone a lot she has been very good to us. The main reason I asked is because of the expense attached to Genea. It's getting a lot of money that we don't really have tht we need to spend it wisely!(as u all know!) I've been with CFC too and had my ds first attempt there. But one FET and another stim I just felt like they didn't care about anything but planning the next cycle "incase" that one didn't work out also they don't tell u anything about yur cycle. Genea is def outstanding the staff have been amazing to us I guess I just needed reassurance we were on the right track as we all do sometimes in this crazy roller coaster called ivf... Thanks again for your opinions they mean a lot!! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree huge cost wise, I am petrified about the ongoing cost of pursuing it after BFN after BFN. But something to consider is that they use top class science: Genea are the ones who developed the embryo media that they currently sell to over 600 national and international fertility clinics. They are right up there with research. If you go with the current trial you can even have 50/50 with the new trial media which no doubt will eventually replace the #2 media.

Good luck and I hope you get a BFP really soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup the cost does seem to be a lot higher than the other clinics, but on the upside you do get it back very quickly. Our FET cycle was processed on tuesday and our medicare rebate is back in our account today, so while you do have to have the money upfront, it comes back quickly. I think our first full cycle we paid the gap then put the rebate amount on our ccard and it was only on there for 4 days.

As well as the FS's, i really love the nurses at Genea, they call me almost every day just to see how i am, and nothing is ever too much trouble.

I have a feeling we might have been included i the clinical trial (we signed up for it, but you never know if you are chosen) because although i'm not pregnant yet, we got 6 perfect hatching blasties from our cycle which we were thrilled with. Best of luck, really hope you get that BFP soon!