+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the Ergo and insert and my newbie hates it! The insert is quite awkward. I am going to be buying a hug a bub and will go back to the Ergo (minus insert) in a few months.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even with the insert my baby was swamped in the ergo. It's only now at 6 months and 6kg that I think she's truly comfy in it. I bought a baby k'tan which was much more suitable for her as an infant. We still use the k'tan everyday as its easier to put on than the ergo; DH uses the ergo mostly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sleepy wrap just got delivered, I've only heard great things about them. I can wait to use it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunandstars17 For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd also recommend a wrap over the Ergo for when bub is tiny. So snuggly and comforting for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the old egro insert for my twins and never used it but I used the newer version insert Hart 2 Hart or whatever it is with my daughter and loved it. It took a few go's to get it right but she slept in it beautifully, I was able to walk my twins in the twin pram with her in the ergo with no issues for an hour plus play at the park. It was seriously my lifesaver in the early days with 3 kids under 2 and I never needed to buy a triple pram because of it.
    You cant use an ergo without the insert until the baby can splay their legs which doesnt developmentally happen until they are between 4 and 6 months. My kids were all 6 months before they were comfortable in the ergo without the insert.
    My only gripe with the insert is it is very hot, it was fine for my April Melb baby but would be useless in a warmer climate or summer baby

For my twins, I used a baby bjorn while they were small until they were old enough to use the ergo without insert. They were lightweights though and the bjorn killed my back with my normal sized newborn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you decide to try the ergo insert, Baby Bunting have them on sale for $29 with free post. At least they were last week when I bought mine!

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I already have the insert from DS, but I remember it was very hot, and this will be a summer baby, so I'm definitely thinking a sling or wrap may be the way to go!