+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Refusing to day sleep, but exhausted!

My 2 1/2 year old is refusing to sleep during the day. I dont mind as I knew this day would come However he will start to fall asleep on the couch or even the highchair that late avo. Sometimes he will fall asleep around 4.30pm, which would stuff his bed time.

What the hell do I do??

PS: He just fell asleep now (4.45pm!!) Should I wake him, or give him a 30min power nap?

What do I do about the day sleep refusal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing: My 19 month old is on his second day with no day sleep... I'm devastated lol. I'd love an answer to this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    bump!

lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I go through the same thing with my 3yo, the trick is to get them to bed earlier in the day, say straight after lunch (give lots of carbs!) and to keep persisting. If you give in once, they will think you'll give in again. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So instead of trying around 1pm, try at noon?

lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Id give it a go. My sons friend who's 3 still has a nap at 11. And do keep persisting, he should soon get the idea. It's really hard this stage I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hayden won't nap if we're at home anymore (he's 2 & 4mths), but is a car sleeper and will always sleep in the car. I take him for a drive somewhere to get him to have a nap, otherwise he does the same thing, falls asleep at 4ish.

If for some reason I can't go for a drive, or can't be bothered, I make sure he has a rest, like put on a movie and lie down with him so he's at least had some down time, and then I try to push him through the afternoon nap stage to make it through till bed time, and just put bedtime back an hour or so.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I found putting ds in the bath at 3.30ish helped push him through. By the time he was out of the bath, I could start cooking his tea and he was in bed asleep by 6pm for the night.

Not sure what to do with ds2 though. His day sleeps are getting later which pushes his bedtime later, which means he sleeps later in the mornings lol. While that's fine right now, school goes back on Thursday so it'll be a problem then