+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Glucose screening results high..

I just received a call from my OB to say my levels for the first test (1hr, no fasting) was high.. 11!

Did anyone have high levels for their first test (please tell me what your levels were) and pass the 2nd test? I'm doing the 2nd test on Friday but now I'm stressing out!

Need some reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my first tests were high (cant remember the number) but second came back normal.
    I even tried to tell my doc the second test would be normal with my second pregnancy (mostly to get out of the second test...its so horrible, sorry). But no, she made me do it only for it to come back normal too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying! I was just so shocked to hear 11.. I'm not overweight, don't eat too badly (hubby's on my back about that all the time) and I do exercise so I really didn't expect it. Fingers crossed the 2nd one goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an over 10 reading on the one hour test and got 8 on the 2 hour. 8 is the cut off, so I failed. I felt pretty horrible all pregnancy though and now believe that the later tiredness and irritability were because I do indeed have GD. I have been controlling my sugar levels with diet for 5 weeks now and feel so much better. I wasnt shocked as I felt like crap but I didnt have GD first time around and I am also not overweight, no family history and not looking like having a very large bub.

Try not to stress, just do the 3 day carb diet if youre advised to and take the test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had GD with my first bub I was only borderline on both tests at 28 weeks by 34 weeks GD ruled my life!!! I was very strict with my diet and managed to have a dainty 3.5kg baby girl first time round. I was induced due to my GD not being easily controlled. This time around my tests have both come back normal but but to a couple of weeks of being tired and crabby I started testing my own glucose levels and within 2 weeks was insulin dependent. It's not the end of the world I only have to have insulin morning and night and when bub has a growth spurt I increase my insulin a couple of units as it pushes my sugar levels up no matter how well I'm eating. Have been on insulin for 8 weeks now and bub is on target to be average size again with 12 weeks to go.

Sounds to me like your fasting levels are the problem. I find lots of fruit and veg and low gi foods help me as I have s similar problem. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and what did you eat before the test? I very nearly failed the first test with DD because I ate crumpets and jam and juice before the test. I had a single crumpet once for breakfast since having GD, I only out peanut butter on it but my level was really high afterward. What you eat can definitely affect the outcome of the test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had cereal (Be Natural) with skim milk and coffee (decaf) with 1 sugar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CheekyChicken View Post
    Oh and what did you eat before the test? I very nearly failed the first test with DD because I ate crumpets and jam and juice before the test. I had a single crumpet once for breakfast since having GD, I only out peanut butter on it but my level was really high afterward. What you eat can definitely affect the outcome of the test.
    Sorry but what you eat does not affect the test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    Sorry but what you eat does not affect the test.
    It does....I failed my first test with a VERY high sugar level reading...and when I had to go for my long 2hr GTT when I booked in for it the blood ppl gave me a handout and told me that I needed a diet high in carbs for 3full days prior to the test otherwise the results can be wrong.

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasssssy View Post
    It does....I failed my first test with a VERY high sugar level reading...and when I had to go for my long 2hr GTT when I booked in for it the blood ppl gave me a handout and told me that I needed a diet high in carbs for 3full days prior to the test otherwise the results can be wrong.
    I've had the 2 hour test 3 times now (3rd time was today) and I've never been told I have to eat a high carb diet before hand. i was told to just eat my usual diet. Same for the 1 hour test. Just eat a normal diet before.