+ Reply to Thread
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default toilet training

we are having some issues with our 3 yr old, his finally doing wee's on the potty but has now made him self constipated, he dosnt wanna poop in his nappy but wants t do it in the potty but for some reason wont. and its driving us crazy coz he is crying and screaming about it, and i cant start potty training our 2 yr old till his potty trained because i dont wanna take the focuz of it of him, has anyone else had this prob and how did u deal with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a Lupi Lu Dual Toilet Seat so our girls felt like big people and went to the toilet as Mum and Dad did, it made them feel very good. I bought mine on line at www.terramerino.com.au It firtted on to the bowl the same way as the original seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would personally go ahead and train your 2 year old, it might do some good to take the focus off the older child. In my experience, my 2 year olds have been easier to train than the ones I have left until later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    ...and I agree, we much preferred the toilet seat on the actual toilet rather than the potty

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I would personally go ahead and train your 2 year old, it might do some good to take the focus off the older child. In my experience, my 2 year olds have been easier to train than the ones I have left until later.
    Was about to say the same thing and sometimes a little rivalry helps, cousin who is 3+ wasn't being cooperative about TT until my Miss 18mths at the time copped an eyeful of his potty, ripped her nappy off and gave it a crack. NOt to be outdone he started going too.

I agree with training straight to toilet. Both DD1 and DSD (16) where trained straight to toilet but I seem to be surrounded by 3yr old boys on potty's so DD2 wanted one . . . ugh, now to TOILET train after she self potty trained. I'm sick of cleaning up messes, she likes to 'empty' the potty herself

6. The Following User Says Thank You to In My Stride For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-05-2012)