+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hiccups!

I have had them continuously for 12 weeks, im not kidding. It's like a cross between a hiccup and, well, a burp, though not, its just odd, and annoying. I have about 20 an hour. Doesn't matter whether im eating, lying down or shopping...they just never go away except when I finally manage to fall asleep...Some of them are violent enough to make DH jump out of his skin!

Is this normal in pregnancy? Is there anything I can do about it?
    It's driving me, and DH mental!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be so so annoying!

Not sure about them being a pregnancy side effect but I have a sure fire way of getting rid of them! This has never faile dme. What you ahve to do is imagine that you're about to eat a hot dog (hope you're not vego!). You have to really really believe you are about to eat the hotdog. Close your eyes, and feel it in your hands, pick it up and bring it to your nose and smell it. Imagine the hotdog, with the mustard and sauce and onions and give it a good long sniff....

Weird, I now, but it always works for me!!! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you serious???

How on earth did you come up with that??! I just tried it, didn't work! I hope you weren't kidding because i'm gonna feel like a right fool! Im so desperate i'll try anything though lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about to pm you

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got it and replied! Thank you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was at my obstertrician today and asked if my hiccups were normal. I don't get them as often as you do but he said it's normal... but 20 per hour seems excessive.. i get them maybe twice an hour..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Are you serious???

How on earth did you come up with that??! I just tried it, didn't work! I hope you weren't kidding because i'm gonna feel like a right fool! Im so desperate i'll try anything though lol!
    Someone told me about it when I was 17, and I seriously have never had it not work! I guess its another version of distraction like scaring yourself etc, just a bit more inventive! Sorry it didn't work for you though good luck with other remedies, hope the hiccups go away soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've heard a few hiccup cures like that - the idea is your diaphragm is spasming, so if you can totally focus and breath steadily sometimes you can relax enough your diaphragm gets over its crap. Lol